• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rabu Rabu

Operatoroperatoroperator
    Sep 10, 2012
    Cambridge, MD
    I'll wait to see if anything actually comes through the pipes before I worry about panic buying like a lame duck.

marko

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 28, 2009
    I have so much stuff bought oh so many years ago I need nothing.
    I could furnish a small platoon. Except for the toilet paper. DAMN! I forgot the TP!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Any additional MD panic buying since FSA2013 should have started once Hogan did his photo op signing of gun control with MDA, crowed about the NRA not liking him, and indicated that more gun control would follow. At that point, the last, small bit of hope (outside the courts) were Hogan's nonexistent R coattails in making gains in the legislature (which he's now excusing himself because of Trump not his lack of effort) and the hope of an upset by Craig Wolf. But for all intensive purposes, the script was already written. I made a couple of semi-automatic rifle purchases after Hogan moved obviously leftward on 2A issues as did other tea leaf readers on the forum (e.g. I was a couple weeks behind R&R on one of these purchases - he was still planning on fighting the good fight - but was hedging his bet).

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    No panic buying. Budget is tight. Probably all I can do to get my range badge this year - as if I'll make it up to AGC...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    No panic buying for me, either. I might get an 80% lower on principle. Mags don't worry me...not when there are free and semi-free states within easy drive.

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Panic buy ...why..
    so all the S.O.B.'s can jack the price up on everything
    and they say they are helping us...yeah right.. then when
    Hillary lost they had all this inventory... I love it..

What I currently own will just keep going up in value
    better than the stock market.....
    and got enuff projects to complete.
    buy low, sell high..
    may just pick up some more parts, LSC flats, weld kits
    etc...

Don't plan on being in this state much longer...

-Rock

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    No panic here, but I have kept two IPs and the MSP busy with more than a few new acquisitions this year. :rolleyes:

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama
    It has been 0 days since Bolts bought a gun. Not a panic buy just a nice price on a Ruger PC9. Oh yeah, I have a carry permit in a free state so no NICS just a 4473 into the dealer's file.

Last edited:

My Toy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 31, 2008
    Westminster
    I've lived in MD all of my life (65 years) and been through more panic buys than I can remember. I'm as stocked up as a person can be. I understand the gloom and doom about our situation in MD. But one thing that is a ray of hope is that DJT has been packing the courts with conservative originalists. So as the left in the country has depended on the liberal courts to get their agenda that they couldn't legistlatively -- I think we may be in a mirror image position in MD. Where we have little legislative leverage our odds of prevailing in the courts are getting better. I look forward to this terrible Red Flag law to reach the SC as well as any magazine ban et.al.

BrewDoc_MD

Piss off, ghost!
    Apr 25, 2012
    Myersville, MD
    I picked up some polymer80s from Midway for future builds. good prices, plus I have a feeling there might be increasing regulations on them down the road.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Stocking up on ammunition. If I ever manage to get a range badge I may use some of it. (It's a long long drive to a decent range for me.)

In MD, it's always worth being proactive before the General Assembly goes into session.

rob

DINO Extraordinaire
    Oct 11, 2010
    Augusta, GA
    It won't be for a few years but when my wife retires we're off to "Free America"...Maryland will be in the rear view mirror all the way to Arizona.
    Don't think you'll automatically be safe in AZ.

Have they finalized that senate race yet?

Rob

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    Don't think you'll automatically be safe in AZ.

Have they finalized that senate race yet?

Rob

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

Exactly, California is bleeding npc's with enough of their brains left to flee their own making, into Arizona, Nevada and texas like nobodies business.

soon enough Arizona and Nevada will become kalifornicated. Texas will be a holdout imo.

When Texas goes blue, This country as we know it will likely be entering the end stages of its demise

moose&squirrel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 25, 2018
    It's a bit early to panic. No one has ever come to my door telling me to give up my firearms. Every time since 2000 when I got into target shooting and wanted to buy a firearm, I was able to buy the firearm of my choice, and that pretty much includes every type. What I got from the last "Big Panic" was outrageously expensive ammo and shortages of it, but the manufacturers weren't making less of it...it was being scooped up by panic hoarders. I'm annoyed but nothing more by the "wait period" for buying a sidearm in Maryland, but not annoyed enough to think the world is ending. Plus, the silliness of Maryland's gun laws leaves lots of loopholes. Want an AR-15? Get one with an HBAR. Want a bigger bang? Buy an AR-10. Can't deal with the 10-round mags? Drive over to Virginia, buy what you want and legally bring 'em back and use 'em. Yeah, I know, some folks are inconvenienced and I appreciate that. But it isn't time to panic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom