• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    I have always requested Service grades except back when they had Correct grades. On the Service grade orders a would put a yellow sticky note requesting original wood and I always got original stocks,keep in mind if you do that you may get a pretty banged up stock but I have always preferred original wood.
    Sure wish they still had Correct grades,those were some beautiful rifles.

A picture of both, service original stock vs. correct, for comparison, would be nice. The sticky sounds like a good idea.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    A picture of both, service original stock vs. correct, for comparison, would be nice. The sticky sounds like a good idea.

I will start a separate thread on the Correct grades I own. It would not do any good to post pics of an original Service grade stock as it could vary widely in condition and originality. Service grade original stock could be a pristine correctly cartouched USGI stock, rebuild replacement, Danish or Greek replacement. Service grades are only graded on metal and barrel condition and not on wood.
    What made the Corrects so great is they were all original with their correctly cartouched stock,most were almost unused.
    My Springfield correct is a borderline Collector grade,actually looks better than some Collector grades I've seen. I doubt it had more than a clip or 2 put thru it before I received it. All CMP Collector and Corrects go to CMP auction now.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    I guess it depends on what you are expecting. I wanted a rifle that could possibly have a story and was not too concerned about it looking worn. I got lucky I think.

I am new to the Garand and was extremely happy with my first Springfield Service Grade. I received a 43 barrel and USGI wood. Since my first order went really well I just sent the paperwork off yesterday for the HRA Service Grade.

First Order in August 2013
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=137750

noone

Jul 3, 2011
    I just sent away my application for my C&R license 1 weeks ago and can't wait to use it on a M1 Garand I keep searching the internet looking, so far I have 20 to 30 I want. I need to stop checking for them by the time the license gets here they will be gone anyway

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Not needed, but having a C&R takes care of the "firearms related activity" requirement as well as letting them ship the rifle to your house. It's a hell of a nice benefit on the CMP application.

They ship it to your house regardless of you having a C&R or not (as long as state law allows it).

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Not needed, but having a C&R takes care of the "firearms related activity" requirement as well as letting them ship the rifle to your house. It's a hell of a nice benefit on the CMP application.

True but so does a hunters safety card or many range memberships. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom