• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I have paperwork filled out and ready to go if the SA service grades ever go back up for sale.

I probably should've bought in the reverse order.....SA then HRA. Oh well. I'm very pleased with my HRA service grade.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Crap, my passport is expired. I'll have to get that taken care of before I order :sad20:

Not your only option.
    From CMP ordering docs:

"1. U.S. Citizenship and Age: You must provide a copy of a
    U.S. birth certificate, passport, proof of naturalization,
    or any official government document that shows birth
    in the U.S. or otherwise states citizenship as U.S. A
    drivers license is proof of age, but IS NOT proof of U.S.
    citizenship. A copy of a military ID (active, reserve, guard,
    retired) will serve as proof of U.S. citizenship. A copy of
    law enforcement ID (active or retired) will serve as proof
    of U.S. citizenship."

Dave91

Ultimate Member
    Nov 25, 2009
    Anne Arundel
    Cool, maybe I have some birth document at home to prove I am one of Obama's slaves.

You already have a C&R license to fulfill the shooting activity requirement so you're pretty much good to go. You need to join one of their approved organizations. You can just join the Garand Collectors Association for $25 bucks and they notify the CMP for you.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    You already have a C&R license to fulfill the shooting activity requirement so you're pretty much good to go. You need to join one of their approved organizations. You can just join the Garand Collectors Association for $25 bucks and they notify the CMP for you.

I already joined GCA and have a copy of my paid membership invoice. The only thing holding me from sending the CMP app today is the proof of citizenship.

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    Not your only option.
    From CMP ordering docs:

"1. U.S. Citizenship and Age: You must provide a copy of a
    U.S. birth certificate, passport, proof of naturalization,
    or any official government document that shows birth
    in the U.S. or otherwise states citizenship as U.S. A
    drivers license is proof of age, but IS NOT proof of U.S.
    citizenship. A copy of a military ID (active, reserve, guard,
    retired) will serve as proof of U.S. citizenship. A copy of
    law enforcement ID (active or retired) will serve as proof
    of U.S. citizenship."

I have to double check but I think I used my expired passport for my last order in August 2013 and received my M1 with no issue. It does not say that it has to be active for the passport, just proof.

I actually mailed my order off today for the HRA and used the same docs.

Abulg1972

Ultimate Member
    It would be nice to have a Springfield to go with the A3. Other then that I probably won't buy another M1 unless they find some field grades. This will just be a safe queen like the A3 and all my other milsurps.

You should shoot it! I have one that's pretty much just like your rifle. I bought the HRA special when they were in, and it's one of my favorite rifles to shoot. It is super accurate.

Attachments

• M1.jpg
      M1.jpg
      75.4 KB · Views: 160

Yingpin

Ultimate Member
    May 31, 2013
    Kingsville, MD
    Crap, my passport is expired. I'll have to get that taken care of before I order :sad20:

I confirmed that my last order and my order that went out today used a copy of my expired passport for proof of citizenship. I also found this on the CMP forum.

Chief Operating Officer Join Date: Sep 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

an expired passport is still proof of US citizenship. valid

Send those papers in Alphabrew!

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I confirmed that my last order and my order that went out today used a copy of my expired passport for proof of citizenship. I also found this on the CMP forum.

Chief Operating Officer Join Date: Sep 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

an expired passport is still proof of US citizenship. valid

Send those papers in Alphabrew!

Kick ass!:party29:

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    They have access to the GCA membership rolls, updated weekly I believe. For my first order, long ago, on the "Club Membership" line, I wrote "GCA: see database".

Now I use my Monumental Rifle & Pistol Club membership. I just e-mail them a scan of my membership badge every year.

Mendozaco

Dec 5, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    Congrats... It's a beauty..

Enjoy your new toy and go out and shoot her. I remember firing my first clip and remembered that I could not stop smiling of joy when the clip flew out. It''s a wonderful indescribable experience and you deserve it.

But, you will encounter a problem with the your M1 Garand and the same problem we all have in common. You just CANNOT just own one. You need more than one. Some of the fellows in this forum own several and they add a new piece every year. Ken792 has more than six and the dude is not stopping. They are addictive and hard to pass on. I brought my first one in December and ordered a second one from CMP in March.

This weekend is going to be nice. Go out and have fun!!

Last edited:

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I have always requested Service grades except back when they had Correct grades. On the Service grade orders a would put a yellow sticky note requesting original wood and I always got original stocks,keep in mind if you do that you may get a pretty banged up stock but I have always preferred original wood.
    Sure wish they still had Correct grades,those were some beautiful rifles.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I have always requested Service grades except back when they had Correct grades. On the Service grade orders a would put a yellow sticky note requesting original wood and I always got original stocks,keep in mind if you do that you may get a pretty banged up stock but I have always preferred original wood.
    Sure wish they still had Correct grades,those were some beautiful rifles.

Think I saw a CMP correct grade at Shooters Discount awhile ago. I'll get a service grade this time (the OP's looks awesome) and maybe keep my eyes peeled for another maker/grade later on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom