• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    I just left an private investigator's office in my area that provides LiveScan electronic fingerprint services. I got the name of this investigator from the MSP website. After sitting in the office for 45 minutes while the employees there contacted various people, including the MSP, I was told that the MSP has not updated their system to allow for electronic fingerprinting in connection with HQL applications.

So not only can you not buy a gun as of today, but you can't even apply for the license that you would need to buy a gun at some point in the future. What a joke

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    Multiple threads about this already. It's almost certain to be mentioned in the preliminary hearing for our lawsuit that's happening (live) right now. MSI is well aware of it.

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    I just returned from having livescan done and owner said that florida had an update that is for MSP problem and that he would be uploading update and planned to submit fingerprints before he left tonight - however late that might be.

We shall see - may have another $54.50 livescan fee + $50 HQL application fee if it doesn't happen within 72 hours - according to MSP website - maybe they will be more time forgiving do to start-up issues.

Owner who did fingerprinting said that livescan images were held for 90 days., not 30 days as others have indicated - who knows certainly not me.

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    So it's 50 for the livescan and then 50 for the HQL?

So people have to have a hundred to blow just to exercise a right? People who live check to check who are law abiding citizens are doomed.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    That's not counting another $75-$125 for people who need to do the training requirement, plus the time commitment and fuel cost.

Ravensfan

Jan 11, 2012
    I just left the facility in Southern MD and their LiveScan was not updated either. But they collected my $56.50 for the finger prints. They are supposed to have it updated and call me to pick up my information for application of the HQL.

I stressed to them the importance of getting this done today so my fingers are crossed.

KingGeorge

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 30, 2013
    So people who live check to check have to have roughly $250.00 bucks to blow just to exercise a right. Man this is very bad. Blow 250 and then still got to call out from work for training, then you still have to purchase the gun.

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    I just returned from having livescan done and owner said that florida had an update that is for MSP problem and that he would be uploading update and planned to submit fingerprints before he left tonight - however late that might be.

We shall see - may have another $54.50 livescan fee + $50 HQL application fee if it doesn't happen within 72 hours - according to MSP website - maybe they will be more time forgiving do to start-up issues.

Owner who did fingerprinting said that livescan images were held for 90 days., not 30 days as others have indicated - who knows certainly not me.

what's the deal with the 72 hours and mailing in the application and fingerprint receipt? is that still on?

Alutacon

Desert Storm
    May 22, 2013
    Bowie
    Yes, since MSP has not said otherwise.

but you know what's interesting? you can't even print out the application. or at least I can't figure out how to print it out. how then would you send it in with a copy of the fingerprint receipt. this is ridiculous. there is nothing you could tell me that would convince me all of this isn't intentional.

freddie

Mar 20, 2013
    what's the deal with the 72 hours and mailing in the application and fingerprint receipt? is that still on?

One person on here indicated that he heard that the mail in requirement for fingerprint payment was an old requirement left in by mistake - we'll see

I could not find a way to print out application once I submitted electronically - after submittal one can only view status.

As to the 72 hours I don't know but it is stated as such MSP website and owner that did my livescan said that 72 hours was still a requirement. He also said that florida had an update for his livescan system that should fix MSP problem - he plans to try update and submit scanned fingerprints before he goes home tonight. He also said to go ahead and submit my HQL application now, and not wait for him, since prints can arrive up to 72 hours later.

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    Went to FYI in Ellicott City and they said they can't do HQL prints. Where do I sign up for the class action suit?

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    left in by mistake - we'll see

Wait, you are saying MSP made a mistake?

SHOCKER!

giphy.gif

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I am in the technology world. I find it extremely difficult to believe that preliminary remote testing was not done. If I commissioned a system like this and it did not work first minute of the first of the first day I would be looking for other employment. A system this complex needs to be setup tested, and made to fail so that some level of troubleshooting can be down in case of an emergency. I mean really are they running this system on Tandy 1000 on a 22K dial up?

mikey6480

Aug 6, 2011
    I got my fingerprints done this morning. There was no "reason code" listed for them to submit them to MSP. Once that is updated she said she would pass them along. They keep the records for 90 days, and since MSP is not even going to consider looking at HQL apps for awhile I just submitted my HQL application and scanned and attached the "certificate" that I received when I got the fingerprints done. It's not my problem that their system is broken. Most likely that entry code will be updated and my fingerprints uploaded before MSP even looks at my app. Also Glen Burnie Livescan is 76 dollars.

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    I am in the technology world. I find it extremely difficult to believe that preliminary remote testing was not done. If I commissioned a system like this and it did not work first minute of the first of the first day I would be looking for other employment. A system this complex needs to be setup tested, and made to fail so that some level of troubleshooting can be down in case of an emergency. I mean really are they running this system on Tandy 1000 on a 22K dial up?

I feel ya. The level of incompetency is just astounding. This is a direct result of them hiring the lowest bidder and having a piss poor CTO. The CTO is probably some BS Omalley appointment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom