• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ja7833

Nov 23, 2012
    In part this survey was motivated by a similar legislative survey available at http://goo.gl/Omokt. My intent in soliciting your participation is to both inspire grassroots activism and share the summary data at http://www.mdshooters.com for inclusion in correspondence with your elected representatives. Please take a few minutes to share your thoughts on these issues and consider circulating this survey where appropriate. Thank you.

1. If federal legislation was proposed, similar to the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act, that exempted honorably discharged U.S. veterans from laws prohibiting ownership of semi-automatic firearms with similarities to NFA assault weapons I would *
    2. If Congress passed a new Militia Act or my state government expanded the State Defense Force I would *
    3. I support background checks for the purchase of all firearms *
    4. To facilitate identification of persons prohibited from owning a firearm I would support legislation that required a federal driver’s license or identification card in compliance with the Real ID Act for all persons convicted of Part I criminal offenses as defined by the FBI UCR *
    5. I favor expanding the use of the death penalty for all murderers *
    6. If faced with a forced buyback or confiscation of firearms in my state I would *
    7. I believe firearms businesses everywhere (e.g. Beretta in Accokeek, MD) should seriously consider relocating to states with a history of supporting the Second Amendment *
    8. I would support adding a penny to the sales tax of ammunition to fund the NRA Eddie Eagle Program in public schools and provide other low cost basic instruction and firing practice for all firearms owners *
    9. I believe the Civilian Marksmanship Program should receive federal funding at comparable levels to other social agenda federations *
    10. I would not oppose legislation that banned (magazine capacity) *

:mdpatriot

ja7833

Nov 23, 2012
    Survey Finds NRA Members United

Key Findings:

• 91% of NRA members support laws keeping firearms away from the mentally ill.
    • 92% of NRA members oppose gun confiscation via mandatory buy-back laws.
    • 89% oppose banning semi-automatic firearms, often mistakenly called "assault rifles."
    • 93% oppose a law requiring gun owners to register with the federal government.
    • 92% oppose a federal law banning the sale of firearms between private citizens.

ja7833

Nov 23, 2012
    survey results

The "views" to participation ratio was underwhelming. Thanks to everyone who took a few minutes to complete the survey.

If federal legislation was proposed, similar to the Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act, that exempted honorably discharged U.S. veterans from laws prohibiting ownership of semi-automatic firearms with similarities to NFA assault weapons I would:
    • Support this legislation 80%
    • Oppose this legislation 0%
    • Be undecided on this legislation 20%

If Congress passed a new Militia Act or my state government expanded the State Defense Force I would
    • Proudly serve... 40%
    • Begrudgingly serve... 40%
    • Not serve... 0%
    • I currently serve... 20%

I support background checks for the purchase of all firearms
    • True 80%
    • False 20%

To facilitate identification of persons prohibited from owning a firearm I would support legislation that required a federal driver’s license or identification card in compliance with the Real ID Act for all persons convicted of Part I criminal offenses as defined by the FBI UCR
    • True 80%
    • False 20%

I favor expanding the use of the death penalty for all murderers
    • True 100%
    • False 0%

If faced with a forced buyback or confiscation of firearms in my state I would
    • Surrender all my firearms peacefully 0%
    • Relocate to a state... 60%
    • Surrender my firearms but, rearm... 0%
    • Not surrender my firearms... 40%

I believe firearms businesses everywhere (e.g. Beretta in Accokeek, MD) should seriously consider relocating to states with a history of supporting the Second Amendment
    • True 100%
    • False 0%

I would support adding a penny to the sales tax of ammunition to fund the NRA Eddie Eagle Program in public schools and provide other low cost basic instruction and firing practice for all firearms owners

• True 100%
    • False 0%

I believe the Civilian Marksmanship Program should receive federal funding at comparable levels to other social agenda federations

• True 100%
    • False 0%

I would not oppose legislation that banned (magazine capacity greater than)

• 30 rifle/15 pistol 20%
    • 20 rifle/10 pistol 20%
    • oppose all magazine limits 60%

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom