• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    So again, let me just make sure I understand something...

Because someone disagrees with what you think, you try to;

Shout them down,
    Call them names,
    Try to shame them.

OK, carry on, since that is what our opponents do.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

Shout them down,
    Call them names,
    Try to shame them.

There’s a lotta that going on around here lately.

2a supporters should try and stick together but some believe it’s their way or the highway. And any deviance from their plan is cause for insults and calling other supporters out and attempting to shame them.

Just like our opponents

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker

Shout them down,
    Call them names,
    Try to shame them.

2a supporters should try and stick together but some believe it’s their way or the highway. And any deviance from their plan is cause for insults and calling other supporters out and attempting to shame them.

Just like our opponents

Yes , it has happened to me .

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016

Shout them down,
    Call them names,
    Try to shame them.

Yeah, I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to get involved. :lol2:

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Hogan done this all for our safety , we are not able to make logical decisions so others make them for us . It is all about our own good .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Hard enough just trying to soldier on through the negativity from our "allies", without having to learn to enjoy the taste of other folks' piss in my cornflakes.

Been a long three months.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Hard enough just trying to soldier on through the negativity from our "allies", without having to learn to enjoy the taste of other folks' piss in my cornflakes.

Been a long three months.

I agree Bob A , we all have suffered from the events over the last few months . It is hard to put so much work into something without the rewards .

Only thing that is a success is friendship .

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016

The next time the attendance of one of your little gatherings falls short of expectations, try asking yourself why. It's not real hard to figure-out.

Nobody in their right mind is willingly going to get involved knowing that they'll be subjected to nonstop hearsay and innuendo, have private communications posted on MDS to humiliate them and otherwise be called names like, 'surrender monkey', 'Quisling' and 'Smart Girl' the first time they have an opinion that differs. If you can't see that, I feel sorry for you.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Thanks. I'll take the pity, it beats the negativity.

Can't tell you how invigorating it is to read about how whatever we do will lead nowhere. The same nowhere that previous inactivity led us to. Still, reading about it over and over again certainly underscores the futility of doing anything.

"Little gatherings"? Cute, and not at all disparaging.

What was that about differing opinions again?

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016

Can't tell you how invigorating it is to read about how whatever we do will lead nowhere. The same nowhere that previous inactivity led us to. Still, reading about it over and over again certainly underscores the futility of doing anything.

I'm only demonstrating the same kind of common courtesy I've been shown in the past. It's not directed at you personally, FWIW.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

Shout them down,
    Call them names,
    Try to shame them.

Be very careful with those statements. There's enough of that going around no matter what your opinion may be. We have seen it from both sides of the fence.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Be very careful with those statements. There's enough of that going around no matter what your opinion may be. We have seen it from both sides of the fence.

And in my opinion, it needs to stop. No one person's opinion, or way of doing things is any more important or better than anyone else's.

As I have have said before, I don't care what you do, but do something (productive).

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

Just like our opponents

Who are you talking about? It would be helpful to know because these issues don’t fix themselves.

Yes , it has happened to me .

Please, what’s the full story on this?

I'm only demonstrating the same kind of common courtesy I've been shown in the past. It's not directed at you personally, FWIW.

What is the discourtesy you speak of? Can you be specific? And what is the inuendo and humiliation you mentioned? That deserves a spotlight too.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

There are a lot of pessimists on this board. The sky is always falling. It truly is the end of the world. I've been trying to stay away from the board for that reason.

Now, was this a winning legislative session. Nope. However, everybody involved with this session did some good. HB1302 was changed drastically such that the bag lady cannot have your firearms confiscated. I know, people are scared to death to think that a pissed off girlfriend/wife can lie on the stand and have firearms confiscated, but I have been involved in enough protective order/peace order hearings in MoCo to know that Judges don't just rubber stamp these things.

With regard tot he bump stock bill, the terms were tweaked enough such that aftermarket triggers like a Hyperfire (my favorite), Geisele, Timney, etc. are not considered rapid fire devices. That was done because of those that pointed out the problems with the bill as it was initially introduced.

Back in 2013, we lost, but we didn't lose as badly as we first thought we would. SB281, now know as FSA 2013, was a lot worse when it was first introduced.

Kudos to everybody that put forth some effort this session, no matter how big or small. Some of us can do way more because there are less demands on our time, others have family, work, and other demands that do not allow them to put forth as much time/effort. Whatever effort any of you put forth, thank you.

Now, I need to talk to my reps some more and let them know how irritated I am with them. Never thought I would say that about them.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

I can explain this. The screen grab I put up is one that welder himself was trying to put up but could not figure out how. If you bother to look you can see his post saying that he wanted to put up our private text conversation but could not figure out how, so in an effort to be transparent I put up the text message that welder wanted to put up.

So if I put up the private text message that welder wants everyone to see, why am I the bad guy for helping to make that happen?

For the record, I think it is improper for someone to publish someone else’s private text messages without their permission, which welder admits he was trying to do. Does that raise questions for anyone?

Welder, you are welcome to add to this.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom