• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    Started a new thread after seeing people were interested.

Pick a number from 1 to 100. I'll use a random number generator tomorrow night (Monday the 23rd) at 9pm to pick the winner (whoever is closest). In the event that two people are exactly the same number away from the winning number, they can split it.

If the winner wants to split with another member of his choosing, ya'll work it out between yourselves.

I live in Solomons which is Southern Calvert so you have to come pick it up. (or have someone you know down here pick it up for you, if you're up the road and enter)

The winner can msg me and we can hash out a time or I can just plan on leaving it on my porch and you can retrieve at your leisure if you'd like to come during the day while I'm at work.

I just weighed it all and it comes out right at 50lbs. The 7 ignots are all 5lbs, and the weird sheet lead pcs come out to just over 15lbs.

I'm happy to give this to someone who will use it for firearm related purposes. Hopefully the winner doesn't just take it to the salvage yard because it's probably worth way more than that if you were to buy it at retail prices.

Good luck, I'll post the winner tomorrow night.

Attachments

• 20180422_103632.jpg
      20180422_103632.jpg
      46.4 KB · Views: 407

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I'm in with .44.

Actually, I saw that 44man wanted it in your other thread, so if I win its his.

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    I'm in with .44.

Actually, I saw that 44man wanted it in your other thread, so if I win its his.

:thumbsup:

Yeah, I want to be clear, anyone can enter as long as you come get it, or have someone down here that will get it for you. I just don't want that hassle of mailing 50+ pnds of lead ha...

Also don't worry if it takes a week or two to collect it. I'm flexible with keeping it as long as the winner needs to get down here. Just trying to clean a shed out. There's a real good chance I may find a bit more in there before pickup. It will just get added to the lot.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I am in with 45

And I want to thank those offering it to me if they win, folks here amaze me with their kindness.

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    I'm in with 76 and since sharing with 44man is the thing to do...I'll split it with him for the low low cost of showing me some smelting and casting tricks. I have a 45 mold I've not used yet.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Not in, but wanted to pass along a bit of info.

I've recycled a lot of lead for bullet casting. Over the years, I've found that lead with letters and numbers cast into it means there's a bit of antimony in the mix. 3 to 4 percent. The antimony is used to help with the flow of the lead. So the letters and numbers are crisp when cast. I have some ballast lead, tested by Roto-Metals, that has 4.4% antimony.

Add in 5% tin and your right at Lyman #2 mixture.

PS: 69 has been used twice.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    Not in, but wanted to pass along a bit of info.

I've recycled a lot of lead for bullet casting. Over the years, I've found that lead with letters and numbers cast into it means there's a bit of antimony in the mix. 3 to 4 percent. The antimony is used to help with the flow of the lead. So the letters and number are crisp when cast. I have some ballast lead, tested by Roto-Metals, that has 4.4% antimony.

Add in 5% tin and your right at Lyman #2 mixture.

PS: 69 has been used twice.

and 44 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom