• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Abacab

Sep 10, 2009
    MD
    Nice Hogan Video

[YT]Ln8iIWlwUQU[/YT]

No one thinks these districts are sane and it's a decent video. I'm still curious if he can actually do anything about it under the provisions of the MD constitution.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Yes but if they have the votes to override a veto or if the constitution permits them to pass their own plan with 50%+1 then he really can't do anything, no? Or did I misread this?

Because they never have in any instance where they have disagreed with the Governor's plan.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Honestly if redistricting is not even something he can do anything about then how can you defend his gun grabbing at this point.

He can, the question is will the Legislature do what it has never done before?

Pittbull

Jan 28, 2013
    Agreed! Many of this liberal State reflect yearnings for the good old Martin O’Malley days...... incredible! I attended the debate on the current Maryland gunlaw derived from SB281. It was a complete joke! No science; no firearms experts; no sampling of cities or states where gun control improved crime or was a deterrent. Having worked in law enforcement in Forensics, I was disappointed at best. From my perspective, if the legislator had watched the Sapranos series, they were experts on gun control. During this troubling period, it was feared that the Democratically run Maryland Congress would ban all military styled firearms ( because the look mean). I will never use the very misleading term a_____t w_____n because that is NOT what they are. I also heard while seated balcony peanut gallery in the Maryland State House the legislators “ Privacy trumps Public Safety”. Maryland is one of the 38 States that does “not” provide known mentally unstable people into the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS). They also fail to place many convicted felons into the background check system. Final thought ..... I asked two Maryland State Troopers guarding the State House during the SB281 debate their thoughts on confiscating legally purchased firearms from law abiding MD residents......if a law was passed making these law-abiding MD residents felons..........they were hoping to never be placed into that extremely difficult position. If the Democrats have their way, there will be much fewer firearms in Maryland (if any). I will leave this State if that ever happens......

Triggerscan

Shooting Ventures, LLC
    Feb 11, 2010
    Monrovia, MD
    Maybe Hogan should have MD start reporting certain mental health issues to NICS. Right now almost no states report mental health data. I know the VA does as I had a retired Navy Seal get refused due to a previous case of PTSD which was resolved. VA never "unreported" him. It was easy to clear up, but the system worked. And the press keeps reporting that the bkgd check system is flawed in that it approves sales so many of those who committed the school shooting and had psychological issues. The system is flawed. It's only as good as the data being reported. Old saying in computer science - garbage in, garbage out.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Maybe Hogan should have MD start reporting certain mental health issues to NICS. Right now almost no states report mental health data. I know the VA does as I had a retired Navy Seal get refused due to a previous case of PTSD which was resolved. VA never "unreported" him. It was easy to clear up, but the system worked. And the press keeps reporting that the bkgd check system is flawed in that it approves sales so many of those who committed the school shooting and had psychological issues. The system is flawed. It's only as good as the data being reported. Old saying in computer science - garbage in, garbage out.

It's not up to Hogan, it's up to the GA. They declined this when it was introduced either as an amendment to FSA2013 or a separate bill then, voted it down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom