• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    A while ago I ordered Romanian TT33,and finally got a chance to shoot it today. I was having failure to feed problems. it looks like the bullets were jamming trying to go up the feed ramp. Has anyone else had this problem? I may have to polish the feed ramp to make it cycle reliably. Just wanted to check with you guys before I did this to see if I'm missing something obvious. I tried surplus and PPU ammo and they both had the same problem. Thanks

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Did you try another magazine with it, or do you just have one? Assuming that you've cleaned the gun thoroughly, the mag would be the next place that I'd look. The Rom-Tok is inherently a very reliable gun, so see if a different mag gives you different results--especially if you can get one that works fine in another Tok. If substituting with a known good mag doesn't make a difference, you can start looking at the gun itself.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    There are lots of aftermarket crappy Tokarev mags floating around out there. I even got a factory Yugo mag that just wasn't made right, and it was brand new. The feed lips were completely wrong on them.

So, hopefully it is your mag.

If you try known-working mags and still have the issue:

Cycle the slide by hand without the mag in and unloaded (of course) and see if you feel it trying to catch anywhere, including on the hammer as it comes back. I had one that was so roughly machined, the hammer could hold the whole slide back against the recoil spring tension!

See if the recoil spring may be bent, worn out, etc.

Seems to me like the feed ramp would have to be quite mangled to cause that issue. I agree with Machodoc that it sounds like a mag issue.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    Yes I forgot to mention I did used to different magazines, the two that came with the gun. One was an original and the other was a newly made mag, both of them had the same issues. Don't know if both of my magazines have issues as I do not have another tok to test the magazines in. Never thought about the recoil spring that could be it. Are replacement springs readily available? if so where?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom