• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Yes! A 45 version would be a nice addition to my Marlin Camp Carbine 45!:thumbsup:

Maybe, Military Arms Channel discovered the bolt face is easily removable with 2 pins. He thinks other calibers might be in the works.

I have an original PC9 and it feels very much like a 10/22 with a heavy police trigger. I bought the CZ scorpion a while ago and could have my arm twisted into selling the Ruger.

The CZ has a very different badass SMG look and a foldable stock. But I an old geezer, I'm not really going to walk around with a rifle crammed into a backpack.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I saw one of these in person today so they are not a myth. Owner was a normal guy - maybe the rest of us will get a shot at buying one soon.

Slim

Sep 13, 2015
    HoCo & Worldwide
    Maybe, Military Arms Channel discovered the bolt face is easily removable with 2 pins. He thinks other calibers might be in the works.
    Thanks for the video link. Glad to see that it fed hollowpoints from Glock magazines. I like the idea of using my duty/carry load in there to keep around the house. Though, to MAC's point, our duty SMG load is 124gr NATO ball anyway.

The CZ has a very different badass SMG look and a foldable stock. But I an old geezer, I'm not really going to walk around with a rifle crammed into a backpack.
    Part of me wants to get one from Baltimore's Best Pawn right now, part of me wants to wait and see what aftermarket support materializes. The takedown feature lends itself well to a SBR conversion; I've got that system going with a 10/22 takedown SBR, which can swap stocks with the non-NFA rifle version. Maybe we'll see a PCC9 Charger version?

Of course I'm still getting configurations settled with my Glock and MP5 SBRs settled...

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Thanks for the video link. Glad to see that it fed hollowpoints from Glock magazines. I like the idea of using my duty/carry load in there to keep around the house. Though, to MAC's point, our duty SMG load is 124gr NATO ball anyway.

Part of me wants to get one from Baltimore's Best Pawn right now, part of me wants to wait and see what aftermarket support materializes. The takedown feature lends itself well to a SBR conversion; I've got that system going with a 10/22 takedown SBR, which can swap stocks with the non-NFA rifle version. Maybe we'll see a PCC9 Charger version?

Of course I'm still getting configurations settled with my Glock and MP5 SBRs settled...

I'm going to stay in wait mode, Ruger's history with recalls (at least they fess up) with new products is dismal (Mark IV, Precision Carbine) give it a few runs and Ill be in. Particularly if they make a laminate or OD version.

Mini14tac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 14, 2013
    North County

I have an original PC9 and it feels very much like a 10/22 with a heavy police trigger. I bought the CZ scorpion a while ago and could have my arm twisted into selling the Ruger.

Thanks for posting the video! Removable bolt face! No doubt Ruger is planning more calibers. Possibly as a kit including barrel, bolt face, extractor and magwell!

Last edited:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    If they make more calibers and IF they make the parts available (as a kit?) for a reasonable price so you can buy one PCC and the. Swap the barrel and bolt face to go between, say, 9mm to .45, 10mm auto, .40S&W, etc. this goes from “I’ll buy one at some point, probably soon” to “I am mortgaging my soul to get my hands on one”

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Damascus
    Picked mine up on Tuesday. I'm planning to take it to the range tomorrow.

Size comparisons of my PCC's.

i-MSWQcmf-XL.jpg

i-g6RP3wH-L.jpg

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008

That's nice, its no replacement for a keltec but this should be a comfortable shooter, a Keltec was made for convenience and portability. As stated earlier in this thread a nice back-packer stock that was thinner and had compartments for mags/ammo would go a long way. Whats the outline on the buttstock? Did Ruger try to out magpul magpul?

Ill definitely have one of these when I am sure Ruger doesn't have any "bugs".

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Damascus
    A quick range report:

I took the Ruger PCC to the range yesterday and shot about 100 rounds (115gr and 147gr HP) with no issues. Spent cases consistently ejected at the 2 o'clock position. It is nice that you can adjust the length of pull with the included spacers. The trigger is better than the Kel-tec but not quite as good as the MPX. I noticed a slight trigger slap on recoil. It is definitely more comfortable to shoot than the Kel-Tec. The ghost ring site is nice and I had no issues keeping my shots in the black on an 8" circle at 50 yards with the ghost ring. I'm planning to add a red dot to it for future range sessions. So far I'm happy with it.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    A quick range report:

I took the Ruger PCC to the range yesterday and shot about 100 rounds (115gr and 147gr HP) with no issues. Spent cases consistently ejected at the 2 o'clock position. It is nice that you can adjust the length of pull with the included spacers. The trigger is better than the Kel-tec but not quite as good as the MPX. I noticed a slight trigger slap on recoil. It is definitely more comfortable to shoot than the Kel-Tec. The ghost ring site is nice and I had no issues keeping my shots in the black on an 8" circle at 50 yards with the ghost ring. I'm planning to add a red dot to it for future range sessions. So far I'm happy with it.

That's awesome! Did you catch any powder blow back? I am a lefty, so worry about that. My 10/22 burns me on occasion.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Damascus
    That's awesome! Did you catch any powder blow back? I am a lefty, so worry about that. My 10/22 burns me on occasion.

I'm a righty, so I didn't notice any powder blow back.

I will try a suppressor once I get a mount. All my pistol cans are set up for my sigs so I only have M13.5x1LH mounts. I'm curious how gassy it is with a can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom