• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Summer Glock 43 in sticky holster cooler weather sig 229 .40 in comp tax MTAC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rockzilla

Ultimate Member
    Feb 6, 2010
    55.751244 / 37.618423
    Sig250 compact, Warthog .45,S&W 4553 .45
    Like the Sig how it handles in my hand, the way
    it comes to point, same is said with the Para & Smith
    prefer .45's though, Cross Breed Supertuck, also have
    a Galco Miami Classic II for the HK, all are comfortable
    to wear

-Rock

G8tor

Nov 30, 2013
    Calvert County
    Yeah, I looked at Vedders for that reason, but for the price decided to give the gunfightersinc a try. Will report back after a couple weeks of wear.

Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I tried smething new to me yesterday and will wear it this weekend...an off the grid concepts owb kydex for the shield 9. Pricey at $90 but we shall see. Covers with a shirt or jacket. I wear a specially made gunbelt with most clothes...rafters from years ago....but to feel the holster is as close to the body as possible, i need to move the belt to the 5 th hole from the 4th. A bit tight.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Yeah, I looked at Vedders for that reason, but for the price decided to give the gunfightersinc a try. Will report back after a couple weeks of wear.
    The leather would be a sweat issue for me. IWB over a t shirt would be fine, but I don't usually wear them. I prefer not to get a thumb full of of it when drawing from IWB.

This reminds me that I need to get some moleskin to put on the back of my kydex.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    ....but to feel the holster is as close to the body as possible, i need to move the belt to the 5 th hole from the 4th. A bit tight.

I'm eventually going to do a review of my new Nexbelt EDC ratchet buckle. You'll never used another regular holed belt again. Most holes are an inch apart. The ratchet has 1/4 inch adjustments. You can easily relax the belt out a little when you sit down and get cramped, then easily push the belt to snug it up when you"thin out".

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    XdS in 9mm in a Wright IWB. The XdS because I like the backstrap safety. 9mm because it works well enough. WLW holster because I find it comfortable.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    I'm eventually going to do a review of my new Nexbelt EDC ratchet buckle. You'll never used another regular holed belt again. Most holes are an inch apart. The ratchet has 1/4 inch adjustments. You can easily relax the belt out a little when you sit down and get cramped, then easily push the belt to snug it up when you"thin out".

I have been using the Anson ratchet belt for about a year now. Looks good with a suit and now hate any belt with holes.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I have been using the Anson ratchet belt for about a year now. Looks good with a suit and now hate any belt with holes.
    I really think that if I had a ratchet belt( to loosen up when sitting) to use for years of work when I was cramping my gut and hips(with work stuff) I don't think I'd have half the pain I do now.

I got the Blade-tech ratchet belt for work and used it today as I went to free America aka West Virginia. First time using the belt to ccw and was carrying my M&P 45c IWB. Belt worked fantastic, didn't bend a bit. And the convenience of loosening the belt ever so slightly with a quick ratchet in the car was amazing.

That being said, after not carrying concealed for a long time, I'm going to be trading this in for a Shield or something similar(and thin) in 9mm. The fat grip on the 45 is a little bit uncomfortable plus I think I may start carrying OWB high ride.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I got the Blade-tech ratchet belt for work and used it today as I went to free America aka West Virginia. First time using the belt to ccw and was carrying my M&P 45c IWB. Belt worked fantastic, didn't bend a bit. And the convenience of loosening the belt ever so slightly with a quick ratchet in the car was amazing.

That being said, after not carrying concealed for a long time, I'm going to be trading this in for a Shield or something similar(and thin) in 9mm. The fat grip on the 45 is a little bit uncomfortable plus I think I may start carrying OWB high ride.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

High Noon makes some great holsters for this.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Typically carry my G19 via a stealthgear IWB holster but looking to slim down a bit to a G43 or Sig P365 (waited patiently for a number of kinks to be ironed out by Sig). Maybe even try appendix carry as I’ve always opposed it previously.

This winter I’ll grab another stealthgear for my CZ P07 and carry it OWB when wearing hoodies and jackets much more comfortable in my opinion. I carry my Canik Elite OWB at my farm and way more comfortable.

Pics of current EDC attached

Attachments

• 50CAA996-DE38-42D4-BB81-917718D59EDB.jpg
      50CAA996-DE38-42D4-BB81-917718D59EDB.jpg
      92.5 KB · Views: 212
    • 5A8061C7-94D5-495A-B585-0D2E9394BEFA.jpg
      5A8061C7-94D5-495A-B585-0D2E9394BEFA.jpg
      56.1 KB · Views: 225
    • B55F2DA2-3396-449F-8C95-4A83E7F413C1.jpg
      B55F2DA2-3396-449F-8C95-4A83E7F413C1.jpg
      48.6 KB · Views: 241

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country

I found this at Costco today for $19. I had never even heard about a ratchet belt until I read you post and looked it up. Wow what a great idea.

ce8f552a57a47aba91558a67fdf4f2f1.jpg

eb1069f38c0cf955fb1d426475c52356.jpg

JRussell87

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 9, 2018
    Nothing, because money is valued over Human life in this state
    In georgia it was my 3rd gen glock21sf soon to be replaced with sig p229 legion compact

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I found this at Costco today for $19. I had never even heard about a ratchet belt until I read you post and looked it up. Wow what a great idea.

ce8f552a57a47aba91558a67fdf4f2f1.jpg

eb1069f38c0cf955fb1d426475c52356.jpg

How rigid is that belt?

For $19 that's hard to beat.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

That's a great idea too for someone like me who uses an IWB holster some days and some days other holsters. Gotta get me one of those.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    When back home in Iowa, I have a Ruger LCRx in .38. I'm thinking of selling it for another LC9 -- but this time, an EC9s. I had the LC9 about 4 years ago, but dumped it because I hated the trigger. The EC9s has fixed that issue, and is inexpensive. The LC9 was the largest gun I could get away with front pocket carry in a pair of shorts or dockers, and if I needed more firepower than that, I'd unload and run like a stuck hog. The new Slimline Glock 9mm is really, really nice... and I was accurate with it at the test range. I would love one, but reality is that I truly need a pocket gun. I have a nice 1911, for when I don't mind carrying large IWB.

If I stick with a .38, I might trade for a S&W 642, or similar. The grip on the LCR is just a bit too big (and the boot grip doesn't fit on the "x" model).

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    It’s more rigid then my dress leather belt and a good hand made leather belt. It’s not as rigid as my competition velcro belt.

Thanks for the reply! For $19 I think I'll grab one as a spare.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom