• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I love how Manchin is trying to appeal to the southern county democrats (Pro Union and Pro Gun) with this kind of ad but screwing it up. If your'e going to try to appeal to a region with some of the lowest income in the nation, you shouldn't do it in an upland outfit with a gun that cost as much as many people down there get in a month or more. Just makes you look like a coal baron trying to tell the boys underground that you're "one of them."

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    If the phrase, "Don't believe your lyin' eyes. Believe what I tell you." fits anyone, it's Manchin.

steves1911

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2011
    On a hill in Wv
    I just had to watch it again. That's not the full ad that plays on TV here. On the ad you posted it cuts of trump he goes on to say how Manchin supported Hillary and voted to keep Obamacare and a couple other points. Next time I see it I will update this post with exactly what was said.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Latest Poll:

The poll, commisioned by the National Republican Senatorial Committee, revealed that Morrisey, the state’s current attorney general, leads Manchin by two points.

Of the 600 likely voters, 44 percent said they will vote for Morrisey, while only 42 percent said they intend to vote for Manchin.

Libertarian Rusty Hollen takes three percent, while 12 percent of likely voters remain undecided.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...republican-morrisey-leading-democrat-manchin/

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    How a democrat is a toss up in a state where every single county voted for trump is beyond me

Manchin has high name recognition in WV; he's served in a number of state offices. He leans rightish for a Dem, though his anti-2A stance in recent years may come back to bite him in the end. So to speak.

Figuring on a Hillary win, he went all out in 2016 to suck up to the Left. He possibly figured that this would make him unelectable in WV, but should buy him a Cabinet position, or at least a high-profile job in DC.

Looks like he lost that bet; now it all depends on the short memory and good feeling of the WV electorate. It may come down to "He's slime, like all politicians, but he's OUR slime".

planktonadbc

Jun 20, 2013
    Harpers Ferry
    My wife and I are not happy with the Libertarians which could of helped Morrissey win. Morrissey, Espinosa, Mooney and Rucker all go to our Church.
    Only 49.55% of West Virginians voted for him, that tells you something. At least us West Virginians did our part electing all 3 Republicans to the House.

Attachments

• 20181107_124643.jpg
      20181107_124643.jpg
      57.7 KB · Views: 177
    Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120