• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Do you know if this pistol, along with some type of butt stock can be built into a MD compliant SBR (>29")?

Thanks!
    Here is a thread with this discussion.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=180811

I have not read the whole thread but it seems the consensus is an extra length butt pad or permanent muzzle condom would be needed. Standard stocks make it about 1-1.5" short.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Well the cats out of the bag. PTR has released a video of its new 9C and 9CT which Are copies of the mp5 in a pistol and K configuration.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-23-10-36-08.jpg
      Screenshot_2018-01-23-10-36-08.jpg
      54.9 KB · Views: 238

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    PTR is saying $1700.00 is retail ( as advertised on Atlantic's websire). I haven't seen a price yet for the PSA unit.

For that kinda money, I'll buy the POF. They've been making that firearms for some time and I feel the POF is one of the best performing MP5 clones out there. Atlantic has the POF for $1299. Seems like that going to be a good price when this all shakes out.

I'm going to hold off on buying the POF until I see exactly what's happening. But I do want to buy one very soon. PSA, hurry up and get that information out there.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    WOW, that's a long lead time to go from an announcement to distribution. We're talking 1 year out for these to go on sale. Then I don't know if I'd want one of the first 1000 to be manufactured either.

I guess I'm gonna go with the POF.

Last edited:

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    WOW, that's a long lead time to go from an announcement to distribution. We're talking 1 year out for these to go one sale. Then I don't know if I'd want one of the first 1000 to be manufactured either.

I guess I'm gonna go with the POF.

Agreed. Don’t overlook the Zenith MKE offerings.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    I heard that Zenith is on the verge of going under. Not to say their guns aren’t good, just that the comapany doesn’t have their corporate chit together.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'd rather send my money to PTR than Turkey.

That's if this pistol is ever going to come about. The rumor of the PTR MP5 has been circulating since the Shot Show in 2016. Sure, they have something to show us but by their own admission, the earliest you're going to see it is this time next year. Why would it take them 3 years to put out a firearm that is nothing more than a copy of some other manufacturer's design?

https://modernrifleman.net/2016/05/31/ptr-working-on-mp5-clone/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom