• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tundramuscle03

Beer Jockey
    Mar 19, 2007
    Dundalk Noob
    Its been 8months since I met my girlfriend and her 2 boys and she knew about my love for shooting and he boys are completely taken with the idea of being able to go shooting with me...

Since the last shoot in November, I've been asking her and trying to convince her to go shooting with me...she's a full head shorter than I am and small framed (compared to me :D), but she said she would consider shooting the AR...Great!!!

I asked her a few weeks before the Frostbite shoot if she would still be interested in shooting sometime, she said sure, but wanted to see what a .223 round looked like, so I showed her and she asked if there was anything smaller and I said a .22, she say ok...

I ask her yesterday just to make sure and she said it would have to be a small gun, I'm thinking oh crap...I dont own any small guns or .22's for that matter and she said it would have to fit in her hand...scratch a .22rifle which my dad has...

So now I have a new toy on its way to 2A Sales & Supplies...
    Picture5.png

I've heard CCI perform best outta the P22's...is this right and do you guys have any suggestions for ammo and additional mags?

Thanks guys!!!

august1410

Marcas Registradas
    Apr 10, 2009
    New Bern, NC
    I have found that both the Remington and Federal bulk shoot fine in a P22.

Don't use Remington Thunderbolts, though. They don't cycle in anything.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Congrats! CCI MiniMags are great, but my P22 also loves Remington Golden Bullets, if you're looking for an economy plinking round and don't mind 1 out of 100 or so being a dud.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    Magazines from Walther are $31 + s/h.

Everywhere else seems permanently out of stock. Midway had them in stock briefly last year (briefly as in, a couple of hours) for around $23.

BTW, my magazine has a problem in that when you insert it, the top cartridge pivots upward and closing the slide will jam it above the chamber. I've learned to slide the magazine in slowly, squeezing rather than slamming it, which prevents the problem.

I'm only mentioning it in case you or someone else runs into the same problem, but I'm pretty sure mine is an isolated case. My own fault for not sending it back to Walther, I guess.

CHUNKERMD

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    West MD
    I broke mine in with cci mini-mags and now use Federal 550 value packs with out a hickup.
    Gilberts range in Rockville and Engage in Kensington is the only place I have found mags.
    About $32.ea

Prz

Feb 28, 2010
    Parkville
    I'm glad that I came across this thread. I just completed an NRA pistol course taught by a friend and used his P22 to qualify. It was a great gun and now want to get my own. What are the differences in the 3 models available and can you put the 5" barrel on any of them or is available on just the one model? What is the average price of one also? Thanks

Feb 16, 2010
    lanham, MD
    I'm glad that I came across this thread. I just completed an NRA pistol course taught by a friend and used his P22 to qualify. It was a great gun and now want to get my own. What are the differences in the 3 models available and can you put the 5" barrel on any of them or is available on just the one model? What is the average price of one also? Thanks

I picked mine up for about $260+/- ive seen some go upto $300 +/- but there is a 5" barrel model(u can also order the 5" kit from walther.com) i have seen on display at OnTarget off rt175 in jessup, md they even have'em with lasers Great gun i love it

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Nice gun!
    I usually put the cheap Remingtons through mine, no problems yet, and it has been upwards of 500 rounds (maybe a bit more). Mine is two-toned but I like yours better in the tan frame. The interchangble palm swells give you a bit of adjustability for each shooter. You're going to love it! Remember to check the barrel for tightness each cleaning, with the included wrench.

MH

tundramuscle03

Beer Jockey
    Mar 19, 2007
    Dundalk Noob
    Thanks for all the heads up guys, i really appreciate it!!!

I'm kinda worried now....my girlfriend might not want to give it back to me after she shoots it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom