• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The currently produced .22lr pistol, not the WWII Era revolvers.

Do they suck ? Not looking for opinions in comparison with Rugers, Buckmarks, etc . Just the Victory in its own right.

Is it reasonably suitable for its intended purpose of plinking , informal paper punching , possibly small game ? Does it have any significant problems or design flaws , or just sorta average for its type ?

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    I bet it is a real nice pistol . I like any target style 22 pistol because you can learn sight alignment,trigger control, and breath control.
    I am a S&W fan myself I shoot a mod - 41.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I admire M41 , but they're too $$ for me . I do really like the underrated 422 & 622 / 2204/ 2206 family .

But alas , seeking feedback specifically on the Victory .

LargemouthAss

Dec 27, 2012
    I have one and here are my thoughts:
    Pros:
    -Unlike Rugers the upper is not serialized so barrel replacements do not require an FFL
    -Good trigger out of the box, a $39.99 Tandemkross adjustable trigger kit is available that makes it even better
    -Good accuracy with factory barrel. I have not swapped it out but I have not felt the need to.
    -Good suppressor host
    -Growing aftermarket support
    -Good factory sights
    -SUPER EASY disassembly with the exception of some that came with the takedown screw rocksett in place.
    -Price

Cons:
    -The safety is located such that I find myself engaging it by accident while shooting. This might be my fault but I have heard the same from some other Victory owners. This is the only issue with the gun that so far has not been remedied by the aftermarket.
    -I am not a fan of the factory grips but aftermarket grips are readily available. I went with the tandemkross hive grips and am happy with them but am considering the volquartsen wood grips to see if they can help with the safety issue.
    -The factory optic rail is cheap plastic, volquartsen makes a good aluminum rail.
    -The extractor can get bent easily which can cause malfunctions. It is easy to bend back but a design flaw nonetheless.
    -Early models had issues with the takedown screw coming loose or being impossible to remove. Guns produced since early spring do not have this problem.

Overall it is a very good design. I feel it might have been rushed to market a bit but the guns coming out of the factory now seem to be great.

Mt Airy

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2010
    Frederick county
    If it functions with standard vlocity ammo go with it . Dont shoot the high vlocity garbage .
    With good quality ammo I dont clean my pistol but about once a year maaybe 2000 rounds and than i dont even run a rod down the bore .
    Over cleaning a 22 can destroy a barrel quick. Just keep it lightly oiled the action . Dont take it apart just because .

DentonDog

May 18, 2017
    Caroline Co, MD
    Love my Victory. First 4 rounds got FTEs but a simple adjustment of the extractor solved the problem. 1000 rounds later working great. I have replaced the barrel with the Volquartsen fluted barrel with compensator and replaced the grips wirth Altamont grips. Shoots great, cleans easy. Have fired miniMags, CCI Standard Velocity, and Golden Bullets with no problems.

Attachments

• Victory.jpg
      Victory.jpg
      78.8 KB · Views: 650

Red1917

Apr 13, 2017
    Anne Arundel County
    I pretty much agree with largemouthass, I was looking at other 22s and as soon as I picked that one up and saw the features and the fact it comes with 2 mags I knew I wanted it. I shoot mine regularly in bullseye pistol and it performs quite well and eats any ammo I've fed it, well over 1500 rounds maybe 2 cleanings and 1 or 2 malfunction I can recall. My only real gripe is the safety as mentioned above but once you're comfortable with it it's not really an issue

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Fondled one in Chantilly today . More muzzle heavy than I expected .Not saying that's a bad thing , just observing, more my preconcieved expectations being off. Grip actually a little too slim , if it were to be for me , but should be fine for my contemplated purpose.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    I have one and really enjoy it. I have fired cci standard velocities with no issues. Mine is stock although I plan on mounting a scope. I have smallish hands so find the stock grips comfortable, and haven't had an issue with the safety. But I always have to reach for everything.

CharlieFoxtrot

Industry Partner
    Sep 30, 2007
    Foothills of Appalachia
    I own one and have been plinking with it and shooting it in rimfire steel matches. I really like the pistol. I agree with what LargemouthAss said except I have not personally experienced the last two cons he notes. Tandemkross will become your friend. I just installed the hive grips and only shot once with them. I like them but I seem to accidentally engage the safety more since I have put them on. Need to shoot more to definitely figure this out.

r100rsman

Mar 9, 2017
    Olney
    I am in the market for a 22 cal target pistol and had an opportunity to shoot the Victory and Ruger Mark iv back to back. I shot the Victory a lot better and really loved the feel. Its on my X-Mas list.

ivwarrior

Jul 20, 2010
    The only time I've ever shot one was the Smith and Wesson side match, at this year's NSSF World Championship. Being a lefty, I hated the location of the safety, and they were making us use it in the side match as we started with it, and a M&P 15/22 both loaded, and benched on different tables.

Other than the safety, it seemed fine. Granted, I ran less than a mag though it, but there was a pretty steady line there for the side match all day long, so the gun got quite a few rounds through it that day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom