• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    One bright note is that these people did not decide to take out others with them. They just off’d themselves. Still sad for everyone directly and indirectly involved.

^true dat

mumfrey

Nov 16, 2017
    Northern Balt Co
    One bright note is that these people did not decide to take out others with them. They just off’d themselves. Still sad for everyone directly and indirectly involved.

Truth, indeed. That is actually something that has crossed my mind before when reading about these things.

Ilexopaca

Mar 4, 2012
    Sad. Those are good people at Continental. I don't see any news about this either online and I can't access the link posted. I would assume the police and establishment chose not to publicise it as to limit copy-cats.

cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    Definition of Self-Inflicted Wound

It seems like this thread implies suicide. But according to Wikipedia: "A self-inflicted wound (SIW), is the act of harming oneself where there are no underlying psychological problems related to the self-injury, but where the injurer wanted to take advantage of being injured." It says this happens most often in war, a shot to a toe in order to get sent home.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    It seems like this thread implies suicide. But according to Wikipedia: "A self-inflicted wound (SIW), is the act of harming oneself where there are no underlying psychological problems related to the self-injury, but where the injurer wanted to take advantage of being injured." It says this happens most often in war, a shot to a toe in order to get sent home.

WTF is your point?

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    WTF is your point?

It's obvious. The first two posts mention "possible self-inflicted". Someone mention Darwin Award. No one knows. If you do, then please enlighten the rest of us.

As to those angry at a suicidal douche bag that does such a thing without regard for Continental Arms staff. I've been told of the huge weight of "real" depression, (not some feeling low, or gloom), is all consuming and the victim has no ability to escape, much less consider others.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    WTF is your point?

also a wikipedia definition, "Suicide, also known as completed suicide, is "the act of taking one's own life".[6] Attempted suicide or non-fatal suicidal behavior is self-injury with the desire to end one's life that does not result in death."

"...does not result in death."=no suicide at Continental.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom