• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dneedle280

Oct 8, 2017
    I purchased a Smith and Wesson 9 mm 2.0 today and the dealer told me I had to buy a $25 lock in order for him to sell me the gun . This is the first time I heard of this. And i have purchase 3 guns this year alone. Can anybody enlighten me on this matter?

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    You don't have to buy one but you do need to have one with you at time of purchase.

They actually took it easy on you. There are some A+ dealers that charge $30-40 for a lock.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    One post, trolling the gun lock issue. Supposed to have already bought 3 guns this year.

So let's all jump on board and out any dealer who might let you walk without buying a new lock. Then set the MSP on them.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I purchased a Smith and Wesson 9 mm 2.0 today and the dealer told me I had to buy a $25 lock in order for him to sell me the gun . This is the first time I heard of this. And i have purchase 3 guns this year alone. Can anybody enlighten me on this matter?

Did you work out an arrangement so you could leave with your handgun today? Or did you contact a friend with a bore lock and go back to the store to pick it up?

Dneedle280

Oct 8, 2017
    I have my own lock and had it with me. But the dealer said i need to buy one and could not use my own. I have an Omega Internal Gun lock. Sounds like someone was trying to make an extra buck off me. So when I go to pick up my gun in 7 days I will just return the lock and get my money back.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I have my own lock and had it with me. But the dealer said i need to buy one and could not use my own. I have an Omega Internal Gun lock. Sounds like someone was trying to make an extra buck off me. So when I go to pick up my gun in 7 days I will just return the lock and get my money back.
    If it's the stores policy that you need to buy one from then it's on you to do so. Good luck returning it. I always make sure I can bring my own and won't buy where I can't.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake

Was it for the same caliber as the firearm purchased?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    OP should have been here in 2013 and helped to fight against the law. Then maybe we wouldn't have to put up with this BS.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    My S&W M&P first generation has an internal lock.

Does the new 2.0 also have an internal lock?

If so, you don't need anything else.

In any case, the dealer is trying to make an extra buck.

Maybe you could compromise with a small businessman who is just trying to stay in business by offering to buy some other stuff from him instead. Pick out $30 to $50 worth of other stuff you actually could use and set it on the counter. Then produce the Omega Lock you already own (or point out the internal lock on the gun you're buying, if it has one) and calmly explain that you don't need to buy a second Omega lock from him. If he continues to insist that you do need to buy an unwanted $25 item from him, then tell him that you will not be buying the $30 to $50 worth of other stuff.

Bog

Oct 15, 2017
    As some of you may recall, i'm new here, and recently back to purchasing handgun.
    On my purchase, it was made abundantly clear, I must purchase a bore lock from them for my 9mm.
    They did say however, I am welcome to reuse that on any subsequent 9mm purchase from them.
    The dealer actually felt bad about it.
    just my 2 cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom