• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Oh yeah, that jerk-off. I meet with him a year after applying I got my app in post Wollard pre-stay, so I was one of the those pre-365 babies.
    I really got under his skin when I told him I should sue him personally under Title 18 for denying my right. It got tense, I could see the vain in his neck pop out and he started going on whining about he has a family too feed too, blah blah blah.

I went with the informal review first, then requested a formal request. Was upset that I was not notified of when my case was to be heard for formal review. Have been busy with a baby, so have not had the time or the will to follow up.

Reads like they have a team in place to deflect all arguments. I'm sure they've heard them all. I'd be looking for an attorney with a degree from American Samoa for some entertainment value in the least.

Mooseman

R.I.P.- Hooligan #4
    Jan 3, 2012
    Western Maryland
    My informal review took place over the telephone and I can assure you it was not with the Secretary of the MSP. After my informal review, I applied for a formal review. My formal review took place almost a year later. I was not informed about my formal review until after it was over and I got my final denial letter.

Schwabe

Ultimate Member
    Nov 20, 2010
    Sho'a
    My informal review took place over the telephone and I can assure you it was not with the Secretary of the MSP. After my informal review, I applied for a formal review. My formal review took place almost a year later. I was not informed about my formal review until after it was over and I got my final denial letter.

very similar to mine. My informal was in person but just with a regular trooper. Requested formal, never got an answer and almost a year later the denial letter.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Wow, I know that the MSP's actual process hasn't been what we'd like to see, or even what seems reasonable or compliant under the statute and regulations, but both of you guys were entitled to a decision from the Board within 90 days of requesting a review (after your informal), and should have been given prior notice and an opportunity to be heard. :sad20: I suppose with the Woollard appeal pending it made sense for all to hold on for the outcome, but you still should have gotten the option to appear and make your case - not just the old heave ho - no G&S for you!

I have my own issue(s) with how a pending application is being treated, but I won't elaborate until I know how things actually go.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Wow, I know that the MSP's actual process hasn't been what we'd like to see, or even what seems reasonable or compliant under the statute and regulations, but both of you guys were entitled to a decision from the Board within 90 days of requesting a review (after your informal), and should have been given prior notice and an opportunity to be heard. :sad20: I suppose with the Woollard appeal pending it made sense for all to hold on for the outcome, but you still should have gotten the option to appear and make your case - not just the old heave ho - no G&S for you!

I have my own issue(s) with how my pending application is being treated, but I won't elaborate until I know how things actually go.

You may be taking Maryland statutes too literal. I testified in a civil case, and the last day of that hearing was Oct 16, 2014. Rules read a decision is required in 90 days. Today is day 166 , nothing yet.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    You may be taking Maryland statutes too literal. I testified in a civil case, and the last day of that hearing was Oct 16, 2014. Rules read a decision is required in 90 days. Today is day 166 , nothing yet.

Imagine that. Taking a statue, law, etc literally... :banghead:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013

I testified as an expect in federal court case in 1997. 5 day trial jury and decision on a Friday afternoon, just so all could go home. Bad decision all around. For better or worse, when I left that company a year later the jury verdict had still not been entered on the record by the federal judge and neither side could advance collection efforts or an appeal. :sad20: I am not sure it ever was.

Deadlines become mere guidelines in statutes if the administration lacks resources to make it actually happen. The exception is, of course, when you as the plaintiff or applicant must meet a deadline as a precondition and fail to do so - then the draconian hammer comes down. Holding the government accountable to meet its own deadlines - not so much.

Frankly, no matter how much is dedicated in resources the bureaucracy itself will generally prevent the deadlines from being met.

Anyway, it's not the deadline I was complaining about so much above, as the fact that the MSP through the HGPRB just cast the applicants aside as if the process didn't matter. No notice. No public hearing with opportunity to be heard. Just a denial letter as an after thought.

I am going to insist that my denial be by the book, and well documented. :rolleyes:

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    Says hold a hearing OR review the record. It's their choice , not yours.

Exactly, that's why I said "should have been." How convenient that your fundamental right can be denied without so much as the courtesy of prior notice and a fifteen minute hearing to be heard :sad20:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I have been in contact with several people over the last 24 hrs. I deeply appreciate all of the support offered here and from other sources. I have a plan in place which begins with an informal review. I have initiated that process and will keep all updated of any developments regarding this gross and inconsistent denial of OUR rights. Thanks again!

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I have been in contact with several people over the last 24 hrs. I deeply appreciate all of the support offered here and from other sources. I have a plan in place which begins with an informal review. I have initiated that process and will keep all updated of any developments regarding this gross and inconsistent denial of OUR rights. Thanks again!

Best of luck. keep it up :thumbsup:

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I received a call today to schedule my informal review.....by the same Sgt. that recommended my application be denied. :rolleyes:

I told him I would get back in touch and he recommended I reply via email. I did so and ask that he assign my review to someone other than himself. We will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom