• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Chevyman85

Feb 14, 2013
    DoCo
    I'm looking at transferring to Md a Sig 220 Extreme .45. After looking at the roster the 220 is listed in various calibers but not versions such as Elite, Dark, Extreme etc like other models are. Is it safe to say that with just "220" listed that all versions are included?

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I'm looking at transferring to Md a Sig 220 Extreme .45. After looking at the roster the 220 is listed in various calibers but not versions such as Elite, Dark, Extreme etc like other models are. Is it safe to say that with just "220" listed that all versions are included?

It's going to depend on the FFL's. Most are going to call it a 220 and transfer it. I found one that thought it needed to be submitted hence why you see all the 229's added.

Ask your FFL....if they say it needs to be added try to do a request only without submitting the firearm which some say they will do if the firearm isn't different then one already on the list.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    I've seen all of those Sig variations for sale locally. As the previous post says, confirm with your FFL that it's good to go before you do the transfer. Some FFLs are overly retentive about it, far beyond what MSP is concerned about.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    I've heard it depends on what's on the slide. If the slide says P220 Extreme, then it would probably have to be on the roster as such. If it just says P220, then the other stuff doesn't matter. Looking at their website, the P220 Carry only says P220 on the slide, but the P220 Elite actually says "P220 Elite." It's the same with the 1911s. Even though it's listed under "1911" on the Sig site, there is a distinction in the roster for 1911-22.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom