• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Is anyone else following the drama of Michael Anthony Peroutka?

He's running as the Republican candidate for AA County, District 5. The Republican establishment is apoplectic!

He's conservative! No, really conservative. He wants a Constitution-based, Biblically-based government. And I'm OK with that.

Democrats, the Sun-owned Capital and Chartwell County Club Republicans are bringing up old charges and the League of the South. The Southern Poverty Law Center has labeled it as a "hate group", but the SLPC is not some independent organization. It is highly political.

When their candidate, Maureen Carr York, lost by 38 votes, the moderate Republicans that normally run things called for Maureen to run as a write-in candidate and I'm still waiting for that shoe to drop.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Classic Baltimore Sun.

They are going to bulldog this guy all of the way to the election.

It's funny how they don't feel the same sense of moral outrage when it comes to Carl Snowden, Elijah Cummings, Stephanie Rawlings-Blake, etc, etc, etc.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The Annapolis Crapitol is using him as a wedge to go after all the Republican candidates -- it seems to care more about their official positions on him than it does about the real issues.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The Annapolis Crapitol is using him as a wedge to go after all the Republican candidates -- it seems to care more about their official positions on him than it does about the real issues.

yup. The machine is in full motion on this one.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    The Saul Alinsky-ites are in action, i.e. castigate and demonize your opponents
    until eventually everyone believes the BS. Just start throwing mud on the wall
    and see what sticks. :mad54:

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    Unless a viable write-in candidate steps forward, the Democrats will win the District and have a majority on the Council. As it looks now, George Johnson has shown minimal enthusiasm in the race for CE which giving Schuh the edge, with the possible Council majority becoming Democrat, will make for some fireworks and the gridlock for the coming years.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    TheCapital.com -
    Armstrong carries Democrats' hopes of beating Peroutka

As the 'R' establishment, including the Shuh campaign, call for Peroutka to resign his League of the South membership, a 31yo political neophyte emerges from his parents basement to challenge him. I have NEVER seen such a lack of testicular fortitude from the AACo and State Republicans in combating the single-party system here in the PRofMD.

Months ago, Patrick Armstrong was just another 31 year old. He lived with his parents and managed a Party City store in Bowie.

Using the tried and true Obama pre-POTUS method of saying and doing NOTHING controversial, and having no indelible footprint to heap criticism on, the sheeple will flock to his campaign allowing the DemocRAT machine to consume each remaining conservative county in MD one-by-one.

Shuh and the AACo R's need to realize that to play in big league politics in MD, you need MARBLES ...

Last edited:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Huh ???

I hear that and I think of Shariah law.

Hot off the interwebs ...
    Sharia vs Inalienable Rights {see right-hand column for a brief synopsis}
    A contrast and comparison to Mosaic, Biblical law vs Sharia, Mohammic Law.

This blog is for the person in the middle who does not know where the West got their laws and does not know Islamic, Sharia Law. This blog was designed to show truthful, historical and accurate juxtapositions of the two contradictory systems of law and civil rights.

Not to thread jack, but ...

Attachments

• fac6e504971504ff0d4d62b655922367f1579f45bf69590e870e12956e9156f7.jpg
      fac6e504971504ff0d4d62b655922367f1579f45bf69590e870e12956e9156f7.jpg
      52 KB · Views: 438

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The Dems have divide and conquer down to a science, to further their nefarious, tyrannical agenda.

The Repubs are the most politically inept clowns to ever call themselves a political party, both locally and nationally.

For me, it comes down to damage control, and that means voting Republican.

I don't fear conservative religious types in office, for the simple reason that the courts, press, and liberal hyenas will cut them off at the knees over any attempts at religious imposition. Besides, liberal orthodoxy is its own religion that displaces everything else in its path, and that just isn't right.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Council 5 is a high R area. It would take some serious F'd up stuff for Peroutka to lose that seat. The issue is that there are rumors floating in the political arena that are of serious concerns. Serious enough to make everyone around want to run and hide. Its bad enough that every R in the surrounding counties are worried. If they are true then Peroutka may very well lose the council 5 seat and cost a number of other people seats also. If they are false then all this press just helps him, and anyone else willing to put their name on him. Tell me one person in the whole freaking state, let alone his own council district, who doesnt know his name now. As it is said, "Ain't no such thing as bad press".

I originally thought he was making a mistake by keeping quiet. Ultimately he allowed the pot to stir and then came out with an excellent rebuttal to everyone crying that he disavow.

Ultimately Peroutka doesnt need the R party. He has plenty of money, something like a $250K in the bank, with that kind of money I could win 2 house seats and his. He currently has more money that the R for governor Hogan. He also has plenty of support, he has been building that through his constitution institute. Instead the R's should be focused on John Grasso in district 2. The man cant pick the dumbest things to stump on. Seriously you want to tax people who accidentally put something recyclable in with their trash? Then you want to divert an already depleted AACo police force to try and enforce it? On top of that you spent something like 2 years arguing about how we needed the rain tax? Please give the D's some more ammo. Maybe you can tax the air also? The only thing worse Grasso could have done is to be like Ladd, who Peroutka beat, and make some racist comments during a council meeting.

Norton

Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Even the Sun is getting into Peroutka-bashing, at least by way of political cartoon.

What makes this seat such a concern for the D Machine?

The powers that be hate AACO because it is the largest largely conservative/centrist district in the state and they need to break that up.

They will stop at nothing to put their people in place.

Mr H

Banana'd
    The powers that be hate AACO because it is the largest largely conservative/centrist district in the state and they need to break that up.

They will stop at nothing to put their people in place.

Then--in addition to County Council seats--this makes it all the more critical to fight in D32 for the GA seats there, since that's really the only problematic district in the county.

House:
    Tim Walters
    Mark Angell
    Joe Fioravante

Senate:
    Larry Barber

Then there are the county-wide seats...

State's Attorney:
    Wes Adams

Sheriff:
    Joe Delimater

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC
    I noticed a crapload of big signs go up over the weekend for Peroutka's opposition - a Democrat named Patrick Armstrong (who is 31 years old, works at Party City, and lives in his parent's basement):lol2:

Sadly, he probably has a chance. :sad20:

Second Amendment

Ultimate Member
    May 11, 2011
    He's a constitutionalist and the left is scared of him. I remember looking him up after I heard one of his commentaries, and he's on some kind of a watch list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom