• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • procka78

Apr 18, 2017
    Moco
    Hello all thanx for all the great news and info especially living in MD where it’s confusing. I do have a question, I am a current leo in dc and live in md. I want to apply for ccw , but I am told two things,
    1. I am excerpt from the classes and just need to send in the application and then,
    2. MD does not recognize me as a leo and I have to take the 16hr ccw class. Anyone can help?
    Looking forward to learning more from you guys !

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 151

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    Greetings! :wave: Can't help with your question, but there are several LEOs on the forum that will more than likely provide you with good info.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    LEO are exempt from the training requirement.

You will still need to supply and Good and Substantial reason for the permit.

Just being a LEO isn't enough if you are not emplotyed in MD.

See Statute 5-306 of the Public Safety Article

attached

Attachments

• 5-306.pdf
      105.5 KB · Views: 199

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Hello all thanx for all the great news and info especially living in MD where it’s confusing. I do have a question, I am a current leo in dc and live in md. I want to apply for ccw , but I am told two things,
    1. I am excerpt from the classes and just need to send in the application and then,
    2. MD does not recognize me as a leo and I have to take the 16hr ccw class. Anyone can help?
    Looking forward to learning more from you guys !
    Welcome procka78!!

My wife and I support The Thin Blue Line. :thumbsup:

flags new.jpg

Rcbrownr7, your post count went from 26 +/- yesterday to much less today.

Maybe go here and give a proper introduction of yourself, and start making quality posts:

https://www.mdshooters.com/forumdisplay.php?f=119

It seems obvious, IMO, you only want to hit 50 posts in order to gain access to the Classifieds, so perhaps you should just go to gunbroker.com and be done with it.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]lease consider donating to help [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fight Maryland's HQ[FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    You're covered under LEOSA. "Special police" aren't covered. How in the world do cops not know they are covered under LEOSA?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom