• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Can gunsmiths get the SFP9-SF trigger pack from HK for the VP-9? I've googled, but can't find anything for civilian ordering. The reset on the VP-9 is way too long.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    If said Gunsmith is set up with them as a direct account,Then yes they will sell him the parts, But if anything even if not related to the trigger fails,You are on your own.

HK will not Warranty period any of their guns that are not in original configuration unless done by them,In House, Even if YOU use HK parts,has to be as they made it. Aftermarket grips and sights are not a problem

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Lobos trigger is available. Never seen one in person but they have positive reviews

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    If said Gunsmith is set up with them as a direct account,Then yes they will sell him the parts, But if anything even if not related to the trigger fails,You are on your own.

HK will not Warranty period any of their guns that are not in original configuration unless done by them,In House, Even if YOU use HK parts,has to be as they made it. Aftermarket grips and sights are not a problem

Yup, here is the exact wording form HK:

ANY UNAUTHORIZED ALTERATION OR MODIFICATION OF THE FIREARM OR USE OF PARTS OR COMPONENTS NOT ORIGINALLY MADE BY HECKLER & KOCH INC. SHALL VOID THIS WARRANTY. HECKLER & KOCH INC. SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CLAIMS INVOLVING THIS FIREARM THAT RESULT FROM THE USE OF FAULTY, NONSTANDARD, REMANUFACTURED, OR RELOADED AMMUNITION OR AMMUNITION NOT MANUFACTURED TO NATO AND/OR SAAMI SPECIFICATIONS.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    Lobos trigger is available. Never seen one in person but they have positive reviews

Yeah, I've seen that. I guess what I mean is a trigger, disconnect, and sear that, when working together, give a light, smooth, crisp trigger with little creep or over-travel, and a (most importantly) short reset.

I fear I may have bought the wrong gun. I didn't learn my lesson from the FNX: check the aftermarket support before I buy.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    You could always go original and go Glock. Plenty of aftermarket triggers that will give you what you're looking for safely.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    You could always go original and go Glock. Plenty of aftermarket triggers that will give you what you're looking for safely.

Yeah, or at least something that's supported by the industry.

A few months ago, I shot someone's M&P that had an Apex "forward set sear" trigger kit that was, by far, the best striker-fired trigger I've ever felt. If I didn't already have some invested in this VP-9 (holsters, mag pouch, magazines, changed the sights, etc...), I would sell it/trade it in on something else. I still may. I just can't get over the long reset.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I can live with that.

I can't believe no aftermarket triggers have come to market; it's a relatively popular gun with a very long reset.

Funny you say that. One of the main draws of the vp9 was that it was supposed to have one of the best, if not the best triggers out there.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    UPDATE

In a final act of desperation, I sent the pistol back to HK. I figured if nothing else, they'd give the once-over, tell me it's fine, and I would feel guilt-free trading it in on something else. With the "HK hates you" popular opinion, I figured I get it back in a few months, then just be done with it.

Instead...

They swapped out the disconnector, trigger bar, trigger bar spring, trigger return spring, and compression spring. Turned around in 2 days.

It's like a whole different gun (I guess because it practically is.) The trigger is actually pretty good (even not broken in) and reset is reasonable. I think I may be keeping it, after all.

BIG :thumbsup: for HK service.

In a final act of desperation, I sent the pistol back to HK. I figured if nothing else, they'd give the once-over, tell me it's fine, and I would feel guilt-free trading it in on something else. With the "HK hates you" popular opinion, I figured I get it back in a few months, then just be done with it.

Instead...

They swapped out the disconnector, trigger bar, trigger bar spring, trigger return spring, and compression spring. Turned around in 2 days.

It's like a whole different gun (I guess because it practically is.) The trigger is actually pretty good (even not broken in) and reset is reasonable. I think I may be keeping it, after all.

BIG :thumbsup: for HK service.

Did you mention something generally wrong with the trigger or did you specify the long reset?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom