BREAKING: Federal Lawsuit Filed Challenging Trump Bump-Stock Ban; Injunction Sought

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD

ReviledExpat

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 26, 2019
    So now we know what will happen if "assault weapons" or "high capacity magazines" are banned in the same fashion. The Supreme Court will happily sign off on it while our property that we paid for is deemed illegal with no compensation. Lovely. **** you Roberts. I hope you get a tumor.

ReviledExpat

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 26, 2019
    Also, shame on anyone who turned them in. Complying with an unjust law makes one a party to it. I certainly have never turned in any of my 30 round magazines or my collapsible stocks.

srephwed

Jul 25, 2010
    harford county
    Gotta be a sleezy lawyer somewhere for a class action breach of contract lawsuit. I spent real money on a cheezy piece of plastic because the ATF said it was okay. Sons a beaches!

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    We have a lot of pretty awesome lawyers who read and post on this forum. However, I'm fairly certain most would agree with your assessment of the folks who put the rule change in place.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Josh Blackman on Twitter dissecting some of this...

https://twitter.com/JoshMBlackman/status/1112747205885083650

DC Circuit ruled on another case, Guedes/Firearms Policy v ATF.
    CADC Case: 19-5042 (Consolidated with 19-5044)

Opinion is Attached.

04/01/2019 Open Document PER CURIAM JUDGMENT [1780390] filed it is ORDERED and ADJUDGED that the District Court’s denial of the preliminary injunction appealed from in these causes be affirmed, in accordance with the opinion of the court filed herein this date. It is FURTHER ORDERED that the administrative stay of the effective date of the Bump Stock Rule, 83 Fed. Reg. 66,514 (Dec. 26, 2018), that was entered on the court’s own motion on March 23, 2019, will remain in effect for 48 hours from the time of the issuance of the opinion in this case to allow plaintiffs, if they wish, to seek a stay from the Supreme Court of the United States. Should plaintiffs do so, the administrative stay will remain in effect pending disposition of the stay application. Plaintiffs are directed to notify the court promptly should an application for a stay be filed. It is FURTHER ORDERED that Codrea plaintiffs-appellants’ notice of voluntary dismissal of Whitaker-based claim in No. 19-5044, construed by the court as a motion for voluntary dismissal, be denied. The Clerk is directed to withhold issuance of the mandate pending resolution of any stay application filed in the Supreme Court. Plaintiffs are directed to notify the court promptly of the disposition of a stay application. If plaintiffs do not seek a stay from the Supreme Court, the Clerk is directed to issue the mandate 48 hours after the opinion in these consolidated cases issues. See Fed. R. App. P. 41(b); D.C. Cir. Rule 41(a)(1). [19-5042, 19-5044] [Entered: 04/01/2019 11:02 AM]

04/01/2019 Open Document OPINION [1780398] filed PER CURIAM OPINION (Pages: 59), CONCURRING IN PART AND DISSENTING IN PART OPINION (Pages: 27) by Judge Henderson. [19-5042, 19-5044] [Entered: 04/01/2019 11:14 AM]

Attachments

• CADC 19-5042 Guedes.pdf
      726.7 KB · Views: 96

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Meaningless ruling... all it did was confirm for most respectable citizens that the law is an ass. I've see one person on this board who stated that they destroyed or turned in their contraband items. If 1% are gone nationally, I will be surprised.

The feds have not yet figured out that is profoundly not in their interest to pass laws so silly that even the law abiding refuse to comply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom