• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Bought a few things, put a bid on 1 gun. Prices were way overpriced. Who was driving the silver Honda fit?

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Im not sure if anyone else got a call this morning. I was told I won the Winchester 12, got down there and it wasnt there. They apparently sold it to someone else by mistake. They did give me $30 for my trouble, which was very nice of them. Pretty disappointed though. :(

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    Im not sure if anyone else got a call this morning. I was told I won the Winchester 12, got down there and it wasnt there. They apparently sold it to someone else by mistake. They did give me $30 for my trouble, which was very nice of them. Pretty disappointed though. :(

So, someone came in impersonating you, gave them cash and walked off with your product? sounds like someone sniped the bidding after closing and offered them $10 more than the winning bid.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    So, someone came in impersonating you, gave them cash and walked off with your product? sounds like someone sniped the bidding after closing and offered them $10 more than the winning bid.

Dont know. They asked what I was there for and I told them. They then looked a bit panicked because it wasn't there. Then they looked at some papers and said they sold it to someone else by mistake. Could be someone showed up and said they were there for x and y and they just said ok. But, I wasn't there so I dont know. They were cool enough to give me some compensation for driving all the way there, which most people probably wouldn't have done. So I give them credit for that.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Dont know. They asked what I was there for and I told them. They then looked a bit panicked because it wasn't there. Then they looked at some papers and said they sold it to someone else by mistake. Could be someone showed up and said they were there for x and y and they just said ok. But, I wasn't there so I dont know. They were cool enough to give me some compensation for driving all the way there, which most people probably wouldn't have done. So I give them credit for that.

The travel reimbursement was quite a nice gesture. Good old fashioned customer service. It’s not completely gone just yet.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County

It's actually my HS girlfriends parents house, the Estate company brought in other items incl the guns,
    Oh and word to the wise, don't buy the sofa :)

Maybe they kept it for themselves for the next sale :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom