• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    My recent NFA experience Now with pics

As some of you may know, I've been waiting for a Tromix S-17 for a little over 2 years now. Well, I'm happy to report that "The Beast"; as I've started to affectionately call her; is now residing in my safe.

My purpose in writing is not to brag, and it's not to bash anyone, but to inform the masses of a bad experience.

Everything was perfect with regards to the wait from Tromix, and the subsequent shipment of my gun. I chose Continental Arms as my transfer SOT.

We'll start at the begining of Oct 09. I waited a bit after Tromix told me that the Form 3 had been approved, and called Continental. Oh yes, your shotgun is in. It's been sitting here for a couple weeks. No biggie...I figured they didn't have my number even though it was written on the receipt in the gun case the shotgun shipped in. I'm one of those ungodly patient people, so it took until the middle of NOV for the forms to go in. I work a lot, and just didn't have time to get down there. During this time, Continental called me several times to see when I'd be in to finish my paperwork.

Everything goes in, and I go pending 16 DEC 09, so I decide to call the NFA branch every month. 16 Jan still pending, 16 FEB still pending, 24 MAR You've been approved...

Woo Hoo!!!!
    Me: Could you please tell me the approval date
    Her: 22 FEB 10
    Me: Well.............I thank you very much for your time...

This was a Wednesday, so I called Continental and told them that I would be in to pick it up later in the week.

In case you're wondering where the problem is, it's right here. My paperwork was approved 22 Feb 2010. I still hadn't received a call from Continental as of 24 MAR 2010. That is a minimum of 3 weeks that they sat on an approved form 4 without calling me.

I ended up going in the next day to pick up my shotgun and paperwork. I asked in a calm and jovial manner why they didn't call me, and after a bit of stammering, and false starts, I'm given the ******** excuse that they don't call anyone because they've gotten too many guys in trouble with their significant others because the SO didn't know they bought "X".

As an aside, I have no issue with the wait time from Tromix, or getting the Form 4 in order, or even with the NFA wait time. I was good up to that point, and if I were still pending, there would still be no issue. I just take exception to a shop sitting on an approved Form 4 for a fokking month without so much as a fokking call.

Needless to say, I won't be back.

Last edited:

Caeb75

Full fledged member
    Sep 19, 2007
    Aberdeen
    Jeez Jeep....you work there, don't you, or at least you did at one point...

Everyone else, relax....I'll post pics tomorrow.

Any stupid pics get posted, and I won't...

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Continental letting your approved NFA item sit there approved for 30 days is unacceptable customer service.
    One thing that I tell contractors and subcontractors that work for us is that I can deal with bad news better than no news. In other words, they had better communicate because my money spends anywhere and they are not the only game in town. :wave:

BeltBuckle

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2008
    MoCo, MD
    I just got back from Delta...what I miss?

nothin! nothin at all!!! nothin to see here!!!

Hey, Look! There's a rabbit!!!

(Please, God...)

633795549862688660-eyebleach.jpg

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County
    Know the feeling.

I had a Form 4 approved on 1 Feb 2010, luckily I stoped in on 26 Feb and saw it was there.

Jeez Jeep....you work there, don't you, or at least you did at one point...

Everyone else, relax....I'll post pics tomorrow.

Any stupid pics get posted, and I won't...

I would fathom a guess that Jeep "stopping by" more than three weeks after the form was approved, probably means he isn't working there anymore. I heard him grumble (yes everyone-believe it or not Jeepdriver does grumble once in a while :D) that he wasn't going to have time for Continental once his son was born. I will take his above statement as proof that he grumbled truthfully ;)

It's a shame. All of my NFA stuff has been through JeepDriver-which meant Continental Arms for which he was an employee. This is the instance where the employee, and not the company was the sole reason for my business. I had absolutely perfect transactions with JeepDriver (and Andy and Gibby) every time I was there. If this is the state of the NFA side of the business now that Chad is gone, I will be taking my business elsewhere as well.

Caeb75 - Welcome to the Tromix and S-17 club:beer:
    They are very good and exclusive clubs in which to be a member ;)

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    How did I miss this thread! Nice shotgun!

I have an S-17 and I transfered through Continental, Jeep handled it on my end and it went smooth - most others there are clueless on NFA.

I've had a couple of issues with Continental, most of which were just plain laziness. I was told paperwork was in, stopped in to sign and they couldn't fnd it. It was right there in the bin on the counter, but they didn't even look or call.

I purchased a suppressor there and stopped in one night to shoot it and they couldn't find it - they said it was in the safe somewhere just dont know where - that's a BS answer. One, I would be alarmed if I couldn't locate a customer's silencer while holding it waiting on paperwork, and two - I would have emptied the safe and cleaned it out until I found it. But it was sort of blown off.

I also had an issue with a new RRA 9mm AR purchased at White Marsh Arms (their other store)jamming on me so they sent it back to RRA with my 20rd magazine and it came back fixed but with no magazine. Well I wanted my magazine back...so they called RRA and I waited and waited and called and called. I got tired of it...never got the mag back. Jesus -give me one of the 50 or so you have in the box behind the counter. Why should I wait on it. Little things like that piss me off.

They are so damn close to my house...It's a shame Chad is gone, at least he gave a shit and looked out for MDS members. I'll still shoot there, but I doubt I'll but anything from there anymore, and I spent alot of money there in the last few years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom