• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shamr0ck

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2011
    Frederick
    In some of the group buy threads ( and the engage lower thread) there has been discussion around personalizing lowers with custom engraving.

Where does one go to do this? Only place I know at engraves is "Things Remembered" in the mall and I doubt they have what it takes to engrave a lower

Thanks

---
    Shamr0ck

JPG

Ultimate Member
    Aug 5, 2012
    Calvert County
    In some of the group buy threads ( and the engage lower thread) there has been discussion around personalizing lowers with custom engraving.

Where does one go to do this? Only place I know at engraves is "Things Remembered" in the mall and I doubt they have what it takes to engrave a lower

Thanks

---
    Shamr0ck
    It would be great to see their faces when you asked them to engrave on though. :lol2:

Cyclone

Jr. Zombie Killer
    Jan 25, 2010
    Rosedale, MD

Thanks

---
    Shamr0ck
    Actually they do engrave it. just make sure its a strip lower and nothing with it. there is this place in eastern mall in essex located in the center isle which engrave my bro. lower. they have this engraving machine you can choose size and fonts and basic design that they can work on...

woodrow76

May 27, 2011
    Cecil-tucky
    I've seen links to places that will engrave lowers and such on another board, I want to say the AR15 board maybe. If I recall correctly, the lower has to be completely stripped prior to shipping it to them. Depending on if I get a lower before Oct. 1st, I may look into some personalized engraving too.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    I don't know what kind of engraving you're looking for but I know a guy who engraved my 80%ers with letters and numbers. I'm not sure he can do intricate designs but the letters and numbers looks good. He does the traditional engraving. That's another thing you have to decide on. Do you want traditional or laser? I believe the companies like Things Remembered only do Laser. With the laser engraving, it has to stay gray. You can't color it. With the traditional engraving, you can color it whatever color you want.

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    I saw in another thread that Rockville Stamp will engrave, but I do not know about pictures.

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    Sweet - looks like a lot of options out there. I'm headed to get some 80% lowers tomorrow and need to get them engraved with the mandatory info and want to trick them out too.

Time to pour a john daly and get creative...

Thanks all

---
    Shamr0ck

Make sure you send them out before they are finished to 100%.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Sam Salvati

blacksmith
    Apr 22, 2013
    Finksburg
    I have a friend who does basic lettering with a big Gorton pantomill. Anyone interested I can ask if he would be interested. For those not familiar a pantomill is a reducing style ratio engraver, you trace 6" letters and it engraves 1" or many ratios from 1-1 and 100-1, reducing gives greater details and crisper lines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom