• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Anyone get over to SB38? Or was there no opposition?

randomuser

Ultimate Member
    Nov 12, 2018
    Baltimore County
    Delegate Atterbeary is a tyrant. She straight up silenced the initial opposition when they used the words "common sense", because those words were "insulting"!!! How often do we hear them use those words? Multiple times she silenced people when it was convenient for her. On my board she specifically went after myself and one other person because we appeared younger and easier to fumble.

I didn't even get to fight the other bill because they scheduled the bills at the same time. And they only gave us six days notice!

I saw that too. She made me sick. I was pissed and stopped posting the timestamp and what pissed me off because I did not want to overflood the thread.

From memory. 2nd to last (I think) pro 2a panel on there. Guy with the black had and tan/brown coat. He was the only one who talked about defense against a tyranny. /salute
    That panel was asked no questions.

MigraineMan

Ultimate Member
    Jun 9, 2011
    Frederick County
    WMAR-2 out of Baltimore was there. Bruce Leshan from WUSA-9 had his camera, but seemed to be fawning all over Andrea Chamblee and her cadre of Stepford Moms. I'm told there were several reporters looking for "the other side" interviews just before the session started. Not sure who the other cameras were ... I believe they left shortly after the first opposition panel spoke. There were at least two audio-only reporters, one of whom was from WTOP.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Word from our friendly delegates about this bill is that basically, the fix is in, and there's no stopping it.

My hunch is that it will be superceded by the LQL anyway :( I seldom hope so hard to be proven wrong, but...:shrug:

One person's testimony brought up a point that really intrigued me: Make it easier for us to do our own background checks. Surely there could be an app that scans a driver's license (we have RealID now...might as well get some use out of it) and reports a yay or nay from NICS. That way, they could get their background checks (which they are going to get...regardless), and we wouldn't have to pay or pester FFLs, and burden them with logging our transactions. Might be a good angle to push on the Senate side? Whaddya think?

jefflac02

Dec 28, 2016
    Word from our friendly delegates about this bill is that basically, the fix is in, and there's no stopping it.

My hunch is that it will be superceded by the LQL anyway :( I seldom hope so hard to be proven wrong, but...:shrug:

One person's testimony brought up a point that really intrigued me: Make it easier for us to do our own background checks. Surely there could be an app that scans a driver's license (we have RealID now...might as well get some use out of it) and reports a yay or nay from NICS. That way, they could get their background checks (which they are going to get...regardless), and we wouldn't have to pay or pester FFLs, and burden them with logging our transactions. Might be a good angle to push on the Senate side? Whaddya think?

I like it! But that would be an easy solution that doesn’t cost the tax payers millions. Maybe we could ask them to find the app and then they would be on board. You know they love wasting our money while taking away our rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air

This would be a “common sense” gun law....

As we know, the don’t care a lick about safety. They care about control.

AACO_Salami

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 12, 2019
    The madness never stops. Each year they come up with more and more ways to infringe.

Maybe Hogan will veto this one

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A[Maryland]Farmer;5758054 said:
    The madness never stops. Each year they come up with more and more ways to infringe.

Maybe Hogan will veto this one ������

A super-majority is veto-proof. See where we’re going?

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    The Moms Demand Action were very organized. A lady with single spaced listings of names and telephone numbers stood there and checked them all off. As soon as the doors were opened, they filled all of the seats in the gallery. Those of us who were to testify had to stand in the hallway. The overflow room was being used for a Delegates party for close to an hour after the hearing started. The Chair of the House Judiciary Committee mocked the 2 A supporters. He said where is everybody? He was right. We had very few people there to fight this bill. From what I have heard, it will get out of the House. Everyone needs to schedule a meeting with your Delegates and tell them how loaning a rifle or shotgun or receiving a loaned rifle or shotgun will get you up to 5 years and a $10,000 fine. This would make you prohibited from owning a firearm for the rest of your life. Stealing a firearm is a misdemeanor and is only a 6 month sentence. Stealing a firearm would not make you a prohibited person.

You will not be able to loan a shotgun or rifle to a friend for hunting.

Please meet with or at least call your delegate's office. Tell them you are against this bill ASAP! The Hearing took place, they are working on the bill now. We want to get them to take as many bad things out of it as possible, before it gets out of committee.

It looks like the Senate is waiting for this to get out of the house to do their own version of the bill. We need to let our Senators know our displeasure as well.

Please try to come out to the next hearings. With so few people coming out, we are looking like we don't care.

If you don't do anything and we get screwed again, look in the mirror when you want to blame someone.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I like it! But that would be an easy solution that doesn’t cost the tax payers millions. Maybe we could ask them to find the app and then they would be on board. You know they love wasting our money while taking away our rights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This would be a “common sense” gun law....

As we know, the don’t care a lick about safety. They care about control.

Soo...if no one here sees any problems with background checks that we are able to do ourselves, maybe that's the message we should start spamming our reps with about this and the Senate bill? :shrug: I'm sure the few friendly reps would love to be able to offer something reasonable that we were all behind.

I'm not smart enough to see if there would be any unintented consequences for us...so I didn't want to push it without running it by the brain trust first. :tap:

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    I live in District 12 (SW Baltimore County) and contacting my state representatives is a complete and total waste of time - Liberals elected and protected by gerrymandering.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Soo...if no one here sees any problems with background checks that we are able to do ourselves, maybe that's the message we should start spamming our reps with about this and the Senate bill? :shrug: I'm sure the few friendly reps would love to be able to offer something reasonable that we were all behind.

I'm not smart enough to see if there would be any unintented consequences for us...so I didn't want to push it without running it by the brain trust first. :tap:

I think everything is an infringement, don’t get me wrong, but opening the background check to everyone to skip State involvement would be a means to their ends that don’t make things tedious. That’s not their point, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom