• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Is the Vortex Razor HD 20-60x85 Spotting Scope that much better than the Viper HD model? It's $1067 vs $800.11 so about $260? What do you guys think? Optics Planet has 11% these two (price is discounted price).

dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Hmm - I was just looking at a comparison between the two on You Tube and the Razor is clearly better; you can see obvious chromatic aberration in the Viper. Guess you REALLY do get what you pay for with a spotting scope.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    For that small of a price difference, RUN to the Razor.

I paid more for mine used, and have not regretted it at all.

I ran my Razor HD next to a Viper HD at my last trip to Bang Steel. The Viper was fine, but the Razor was better.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Is the Vortex Razor HD 20-60x85 Spotting Scope

i got mine for $900 (plus tax) at cabelas back in feb, on sale plus a discount for signing up for their card. frankly i didn't compare around too much on quality vs other brands and models. real happy with my razor hd 1-6 scope so figured this would be pretty good also. have only had it out to the range once but have been bird & deer watching in backyard and like it.

i did order the 11-33x50 razor hd at the same time to compare those two but kept the 20-60 although way heavier and bulkier due to better light and magnification.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    And if you do it for real time spotting, the Mil reticle is great for calling corrections. They also make a MOA one for those who shoot that way.

Based on the prices, it seems that maybe a new version is on its way. IRRC, mine was over $1100 used, and that was a VERY good price at the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom