• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • powder in the air

Cogito, ergo armatum sum
    Jun 18, 2011
    smithsburg
    looking at a Glock 22 any opinions. and are the legal to md with it being a stock 15 rd clip

mikec

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2007
    Off I-83
    FYI it's a MAGAZINE, clips have a different function.

MD law deals with magazines that hold 21 or more rounds. 15 round mags are 100% legal in MD.

I currently do not own any .40S&W guns. At least one member here, who is a LEO likes them.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    yes the 15rd mag is ok in MD. And I know a lot of people don't like the .40 but it is a great gun. I have the 17 and love the glock as many other people here do its a great combat pistol. Search around and look you will see 100 different threads on the .40 and you can decide and your magazine ? has been answered. Good luck.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    If someone says "clip" in reference to a semi-automatic handgun, do some people not understand what the information was that was being communicated?

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    The running joke here is the .40 has questionable sexual orientation. :D

It has all the capacity of the .45 and all power of the 9mm. Up against 9mm +p the .40's performance is not impressive.

Really, it's a bastard round...it's a dumbed down 10mm. It's the redheaded step-child.

I know it's a poor welcome to the the site...just call it initiation. It's a fun site from here on out.

Last edited:

Fordracer2082

Jun 10, 2007
    Glen Burnie
    I have a Glock 23 . it is a 40S&W 13 round mag. I like the 40S&W as a round .In the same size pistol you gain 2 rounds in the 9mm but you step down to a smaller bore. The 40 has a edge in power over 9mm + p but not much. You should shoot both the 9mm and the 40 and see which you can shoot and like to shoot better. You can't go wrong with ether.

powder in the air

Cogito, ergo armatum sum
    Jun 18, 2011
    smithsburg
    i have shot the glock 22 a few times that a friend of mine owns but never thought of owning now i think i might want one just wanted to get feed back and made sure i was clear since md dont seam to like handguns

zombiehunter

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2008
    I like my glock 22, but for the price of ammo I'd either go .45acp or 9mm now. And yeah, the whole clip/mag have to correct thing is old. I'd rather see people be that nitpicky over things like homophones...

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    If someone says "clip" in reference to a semi-automatic handgun, do some people not understand what the information was that was being communicated?

Probably not, but every time someone refers to a magazine as a clip, God kills a kitten.

Magazine

boss66tcode

a bit of an Eddie Haskle
    Sep 8, 2008
    in 'da hills
    I have a Glock 22, and no complaints. People will do the caliber wars, etc. If you reload be careful as some will swear that a Glock will kaboom on reloads because the pistol does not have a "fully supported chamber". I have never experienced this, and the LEO trade in gun I bought has suffered thousands of rounds down range by me, and hasn't hiccuped, kaboom-ed, or otherwise malfunctioned at all. Last I looked, a gen 3 with a rail should be able to be had used for a pretty reasonable price.

PoPo3

Oct 26, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    you won't go wrong with it. Plenty of accuracy and goes bang all the time. I've put thousands of rounds through my duty pistol and haven't had a problem yet. I did break my guide rod putting the gun back together, but that was a $6 fix. It needed to be replaced anyway.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Glock 22's are great guns. If you don't reload or chamber rounds multiple times. Almost every problem that is reported on the 40 S&W seems to stem from questionable reloads, or rounds that have been chambered over and over again. Given the popularity of the round in the LE community and that popularity spilling over into other markets, the problems are magnified.

There are reports of failures when attaching a weapon light, the mag springs seem to be the cause and the cure.

I have a 22, it has been trouble free since I bought it, it has always been shot wearing a Surefire X300. I only shoot factory 180gr ammo in both FMJ and JHP. I only have 2300 rounds through it currently, as I shoot 9mm mostly. But I have total faith in the firearm.

Those who don't like the 40 are usually pretty loud about it. I guess it makes them think they are important. I'm sure one of them will be along shortly to educate you on a gun they don't own.

Jason21237

Ultimate Member
    Apr 24, 2011
    Delta,PA
    I have a Glock 22 and would have no problem reccomended someone else to buy one. The only real issue is that real cheap .40 ammo is 15 bucks a box. You can get 9mm for a few bucks cheaper a box. The .40 is snappy and has a noticeable recoil but its pretty easy to get used to.

krashmania

Still dont know anything
    Feb 6, 2011
    churchville
    Never shot the 22, but have the 19, and have shot the 17, and have never been disappointed with a glock. I have two idiot friends who say the first time they shot a glock it jammed on em, and now think all glocks are garbage, I shot with them once, and I had to point out that they both limpwristed like little girls, once I corrected their grip, they put another several hundred rounds through without a hiccup. So, moral of the story, hold it right, and don't limpwrist like a sissy, and you'll love the gun.
    And mag. And 40 is ghey... :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom