• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    So my father just gifted me his JC Higgins Model 20 Shotgun purchased in 1962 and is in mint condition. He was somewhat concerned that he may go to jail if police stumble across it in his home. I assured him that even in NJ a shotgun is legal. But he insisted I take it and thanked him. Here is some pics and I like the 60's vintage art work on the cleaning kit.

Attachments

• DSCF2163.jpg
      DSCF2163.jpg
      42.9 KB · Views: 210
    • DSCF2164.jpg
      DSCF2164.jpg
      61.6 KB · Views: 214
    • DSCF2159.jpg
      DSCF2159.jpg
      52.9 KB · Views: 218

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    Nice shotgun! I have a JC Higgins 20 in much lesser condition then yours but is has the most amazingly smooth action. They are made by High Standard.

GunnerGunz

Sunken Treasure
    Mar 2, 2010
    Reisterstown
    Nice shotgun! I have a JC Higgins 20 in much lesser condition then yours but is has the most amazingly smooth action. They are made by High Standard.

Yes they are very nice shotguns and built very well. The slide racks smooth and quick and trigger is wonderful. In the mid 90's my brother and I took it to bust some clays and not one miss in 144 attempts.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Nice one, I had a 12 gauge that was given to me by an old man with a slightly bent barrel. They rolled the car over going duck hunting and he bent it right at the receiver. Mr John said he probably shot thousands of birds with it afterwards. I did the opposite and gave it to my dad but wish I still had it for deer drives. J.C. are actually a woman's initials but I cant recall exactly what they stand for.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    Josephine Clementine, the daughter you can read about her with Colonel John Askins in the Shot-gunners Book,copyright 1958 Stackpole books. He said the forearm of the model 60 auto loader looked liked her because she was knocked up. Supposedly it had a operating rod like a Garand. John had no middle name and by the time the book was published it was all Ted Williams.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom