• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hunterjjd

Jun 29, 2011
    I am a gun nut, I have more then most of you. I hate ANYONE telling me what I can and can't do. But when it comes to gun control we need more of it.

I have an adopted son. He will be 16 next month. He will be 18 in 25 months, at that time he can walk to any store and buy a gun.

He takes meds for his anger issues. He thinks video games and TV is real life. He does not understand things. He is socially inapt. His biological mother drank and did drugs while carrying him and it REALLY did a number on him. While on his meds (4 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon) other then he is not real bright it is hard to tell he has issues.
    Our house is built so we can lock a door and it separates him from my kids and I. Our kitchen knives are locked up in a safe at all times unless we are using them same with guns. this was ordered by his doctors/shrink

We need someway (other then parents) cause at this time he is an adult to prevent him from legally purchasing a gun. HIPAA my ass, this sh1t needs to be reported and applied to the NIC process. I know even with this it will not be 100% but how many people that are off their rocker have killed kids and adult in the last 6 months?

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    I am a gun nut, I have more then most of you. I hate ANYONE telling me what I can and can't do. But when it comes to gun control we need more of it.

I have an adopted son. He will be 16 next month. He will be 18 in 25 months, at that time he can walk to any store and buy a gun.

He takes meds for his anger issues. He thinks video games and TV is real life. He does not understand things. He is socially inapt. His biological mother drank and did drugs while carrying him and it REALLY did a number on him. While on his meds (4 in the morning and 3 in the afternoon) other then he is not real bright it is hard to tell he has issues.
    Our house is built so we can lock a door and it separates him from my kids and I. Our kitchen knives are locked up in a safe at all times unless we are using them same with guns. this was ordered by his doctors/shrink

We need someway (other then parents) cause at this time he is an adult to prevent him from legally purchasing a gun. HIPAA my ass, this sh1t needs to be reported and applied to the NIC process. I know even with this it will not be 100% but how many people that are off their rocker have killed kids and adult in the last 6 months?

So you're getting rid of all of your guns right?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

Mighty bold statement. Especially around here. :lol2:

I demand pictures of guns and feet.

PS: No "Gun Nut" wants more gun control.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    I am sorry to read of your troubles, but if this young man is free to walk the streets, he should be free to buy a gun.

If he is not healthy enough to walk the streets, he should not walk the streets.

Freedom can be beautiful, ugly and also dangerous.

Hunterjjd

Jun 29, 2011
    I am sorry to read of your troubles, but if this young man is free to walk the streets, he should be free to buy a gun.

If he is not healthy enough to walk the streets, he should not walk the streets.

Freedom can be beautiful, ugly and also dangerous.

WOW.
    He also wants a drivers license. I will have him drive down the road with your kids on it and on your insurance.

Cruz was free to walk the streets also and nothing to stop him from buying a gun either. how did that work out for those 17 people

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Sorry for your difficulties, however, the answer is to get him treatment not to further infringe the rights of others. If he is a threat to himself and others to the point where you lock up your kitchen knives, then YOU need to get him some help. If he has been institutionalized, then the gun prohibition should take care of itself.

Doctor_M

Certified Mad Scientist
    MDS Supporter
    Sorry for your difficulties, however, the answer is to get him treatment not to further infringe the rights of others. If he is a threat to himself and others to the point where you lock up your kitchen knives, then YOU need to get him some help. If he has been institutionalized, then the gun prohibition should take care of itself.

Reference:

Under 18 U.S.C. § 922(d), it is unlawful for any person to sell or otherwise dispose of any firearm or ammunition to any person knowing or having reasonable cause to believe that such person “has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to any mental institution.”

Sounds like you may have to go down this path if you fear he is a threat to himself or others. Best of luck to you.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    WOW.
    He also wants a drivers license. I will have him drive down the road with your kids on it and on your insurance.

Cruz was free to walk the streets also and nothing to stop him from buying a gun either. how did that work out for those 17 people

Nothing to stop him from buying a knife if he couldn't get a firearm. Since you lock your knives in a safe apparently you understand they could be a danger as well so are you looking for something to be done about knife purchases also?

What if he grabs the gas can for the lawnmower and a match?.............

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

I don't need anymore gun control, actually quite the opposite I truly believe we have entirely too much gun control.

I wont give another inch.

if someone need to be kept from guns because they cant control themselves they need to be institutionalized to protect the rest of society. criminals need to be kept in prison until they aren't a threat to others even if it means keeping them in for the rest of their lives

WE DONT NEED ANYMORE GUN CONTROL, WE NEED LESS GUN CONTROL.

Hunterjjd

Jun 29, 2011

I guess I wrote this wrong. I am not looking for pity.

There is no place to send him. He has already been admitted twice, OH on juvenile record will not show. So all he needs to do is check a box saying no and he will get his gun.

Guns have not killed all these people. Wacko's and disturbed people like my son have.

HA HA HA, "Get some help." That is so funny. God dang you live in a fairy tail world to think you can follow the yellow brick road to a place that supports tax payers with their needs.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville

So there are warning signs, have you done your part and reported these? or just admitting to them in a public forum or is this your cry for help as you prefer this to be reported by other readers? Just curious.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md

There is no place to send him. He has already been admitted twice, OH on juvenile record will not show. So all he needs to do is check a box saying no and he will get his gun.

Guns have not killed all these people. Wacko's and disturbed people like my son have.

HA HA HA, "Get some help." That is so funny. God dang you live in a fairy tail world to think you can follow the yellow brick road to a place that supports tax payers with their needs.

so you think others should be penalized because your son needs help?

get your son help and leave my guns out of it.

WE DONT NEED ANY MORE GUN CONTROL, WE NEED LESS

Hunterjjd

Jun 29, 2011
    I don't need anymore gun control, actually quite the opposite I truly believe we have entirely too much gun control.

I wont give another inch.

if someone need to be kept from guns because they cant control themselves they need to be institutionalized to protect the rest of society. criminals need to be kept in prison until they aren't a threat to others even if it means keeping them in for the rest of their lives

WE DONT NEED ANYMORE GUN CONTROL, WE NEED LESS GUN CONTROL.

"WE DONT NEED ANYMORE GUN CONTROL, WE NEED LESS GUN CONTROL"

You are correct. We have stupid worthless gun control laws as they have been proven. But right now, as before and time again, the guns are being blamed not the wacko

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011

While it's good of you to take the young man in he had a mother that obviously didn't care and did nothing to so much as give him a fighting chance at life now he's got a father that says "he's not real bright" and associates him with "Wackos" on an open forum.

I'd probably be an angry MFer too.

K.C.Dean

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Buds Creek
    Watch what you wish for because you just might get it. If it is up to some law makers, you OP would have to give up your guns regardless of how many locked doors or safes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom