• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lawyer56

Feb 10, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    I cannot tell from the recall website: would lot number "2GD52L" be subject to the recall?

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    as long as you're firing it out of a modern bolt action rimfire rifle, I'd say you're fine. Probably not a good idea to fire it out of a 10/22 or anything where the breech is held closed by inertia and a spring, however.

Even double charged, I doubt anything with a locked breech would be in any trouble.

bilbravo

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore (District 46)
    I cannot tell from the recall website: would lot number "2GD52L" be subject to the recall?

Did you ever find out if these are included? I have a 1000 round pack and both of the individual 500 round packs have "2GD52L" on the flap. Initially I thought "oh, I'm not in the same group" but then I thought the 2 could indicate it was lot GD52L but in a 1000 round pack (2 x 500).

At any rate, if no one knows for sure I will call.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

Did you ever find out if these are included? I have a 1000 round pack and both of the individual 500 round packs have "2GD52L" on the flap. Initially I thought "oh, I'm not in the same group" but then I thought the 2 could indicate it was lot GD52L but in a 1000 round pack (2 x 500).

At any rate, if no one knows for sure I will call.

Subject to recall. From a Cabela's email blast today ...

"If it is Symbol Number S22LRT with a Lot Number containing GD42L or GD52L immediately discontinue use and contact Winchester toll-free at 866-423-5224 or visit http://www.winchester.com/Product-Service/Pages/Contact-Us.aspx for free UPS pick-up of the recalled ammunition."

Note the "containing". Bilbravo, I think you're correct about the "2" indicating a two-pack.

bilbravo

Apr 30, 2013
    Baltimore (District 46)
    Subject to recall. From a Cabela's email blast today ...

"If it is Symbol Number S22LRT with a Lot Number containing GD42L or GD52L immediately discontinue use and contact Winchester toll-free at 866-423-5224 or visit http://www.winchester.com/Product-Service/Pages/Contact-Us.aspx for free UPS pick-up of the recalled ammunition."

Note the "containing". Bilbravo, I think you're correct about the "2" indicating a two-pack.

It happens sometimes. Usually I'm wrong though. I filled out the form and we'll see what happens. I saw someone on another forum saying they were offered a replacement instead of a refund. I'd rather take the replacement, even if it takes a little while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom