Suppressor covers for home defense rifles?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sajidakh

Dec 28, 2010
    It goes without saying there are a myriad of advantages with suppressors. The question is, is there a need for a suppressor COVER for a dedicated home defense setup?

For home defense distances/expected shots fired.... mirage or suppressor heat doesnt seem to be as big of an issue.

Without the ability to transition to backup weapon being that youre probably in your underwear the risk of suppressor burn goes down. And if you do end up being in a major motion picture worthy home defense standoff then maybe a hot suppressor could help you with the added length of the gun not being grabbable in a close encounter.

So would you still have the added bulk of a cover on your home defense gun or would you do without it?

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    It would have no tactical advantage in a home defense scenario.

Odds are you will be firing 5 to 10 shots. While I wouldn't want to grab a suppressor after 10 shots it's not going to be glowing orange and be able to set the carpet on fire either.

That said, I can't think of a down side to it in a home defense scenario. So go for it.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    It's not like you're going to rip 25 rounds into someone.
    A pair of clear safety glasses would be more important.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    If you permanently attach one, it might make your suppressor last slightly longer after the police "accidentally" cut your firearm up with a blowtorch in lieu of returning your property to you.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    It's not like you're going to rip 25 rounds into someone.
    A pair of clear safety glasses would be more important.

I'm surprised to read that remark from you Blaster. :lol2:

With the "welcoming party" that you've illustrated at your abode, it would be like the raid on Entebbe.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm surprised to read that remark from you Blaster. 2:

With the "welcoming party" that you've illustrated at your abode, it would be like the raid on Entebbe.
    I'm fat and lazy. I'm not getting caught with my pants down in any room. Doesn't mean I'll be using all 9 weapons I am lacking though. I only have a G26 in the master bath.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    And if you do end up being in a major motion picture worthy home defense standoff then maybe a hot suppressor could help you with the added length of the gun not being grabbable in a close encounter.

If someone is still standing in order to grab anything after that standoff, then someone needs some sort of help :)

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    and only two 33 round magazines in the medicine cabinet, I bet

No medicine cabinet actually. But thanks for the spare mag reminder. Hopefully I wouldn't need 20 rounds to get from there into the attached bedroom :)

I do have 1, 33 rounder. It's to remind me how ridiculous those sticks are. :)

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    No medicine cabinet actually. But thanks for the spare mag reminder. Hopefully I wouldn't need 20 rounds to get from there into the attached bedroom :)

I do have 1, 33 rounder. It's to remind me how ridiculous those sticks are. :)

I’ve got a few but only really to use in my Sub2K. So they do have a legit purpose I guess.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    That’s an okay pistol for a powder room, but for a master bath?
    These are like 15 feet away.
    e26280c8b0454e209329eb88a4bbaec0.jpg
    8fe77cfee0626662cebca26f16676711.jpg

qwertee123

Choose Freedom
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 18, 2009
    Stuck in MoCo ...
    Blaster229,

With all your weapons laid out, your house looks like the video games my son plays. All you need are glowing hovering healing packs.

But in all seriousness, I see you chose not to conceal them. If an intruder gets in, do you run the risk of accidentally arming them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom