• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    https://www.cnbc.com/2019/03/05/michael-bloomberg-will-not-run-for-president-in-2020.html

Michael Bloomberg will not run for president in 2020, the billionaire businessman wrote in a statement posted online on Tuesday, ending months of speculation about the political future of one of the Democratic Party’s top donors.

“I know what it takes to run a winning campaign, ...And I believe I would defeat Donald Trump in a general election,” Bloomberg wrote.

But he will keep throwing money at his pet projects and play the role of puppet master.

And I will continue supporting candidates who can provide the leadership we need — on climate change, gun violence, education, health, voting rights, and other critical issues — and continue holding their feet to the fire to deliver what they promise.

One naturally wonders - if he does not think he can win the Dem primary because he's not leftist enough, that suggests he thinks that the current crop of leftists will lose to Trump.

But then why should anyone take his ideas seriously if he too cowardly to defend them himself by running? Typical elitist, he want to disarm you, them have other people defend him, so he can stay in the safety of his mansion.

He did not run before because Clinton, Obama. Now he has no excuse. I think not running damages his credibility. Now hes just another piggybank, not a winning formula. People will take his money and shine him on now.

Laj

Dec 5, 2016
    He will never run for President. He would have so much less control of this country as president.

GHETTO BLASTER

May 27, 2013
    Why be a politician when you can buy as many as you want? America is obvously for sale, no need to be hamstrung by pesky laws and outdated documents when money operates just fine outside the box. I mean it's not like he needs the payoffs to build wealth like our visible rulers.

SW6906user

man this guy :tdown:

So, the day I receive the email from U of MD about commencement tickets (graduating this year) I swear after I order them and then they announce this ass is going to be the commencement speaker. I don't even want to go now, but my wife is threatening me because she invited my family. Nobody wants to sit through a long graduation, but especially if I have to listen to this jerk!

https://umdrightnow.umd.edu/news/ho...niversity-maryland’s-2019-spring-commencement

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County

So, the day I receive the email from U of MD about commencement tickets (graduating this year) I swear after I order them and then they announce this ass is going to be the commencement speaker. I don't even want to go now, but my wife is threatening me because she invited my family. Nobody wants to sit through a long graduation, but especially if I have to listen to this jerk!

https://umdrightnow.umd.edu/news/ho...niversity-maryland’s-2019-spring-commencement

You have options:
    1) loud strategic boos
    2) air horn
    3) "will not comply" shirt
    4) Mopar salute!

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    They're leaking that Biden entering the race hurts the calculus for Bloomberg as an independent. Except Biden hasn't entered and has to to April decide. Moreover there's no guarantee that Biden would win the primary. Yes, he has advantages, but he's failed in a Presidential primary run before and I can see him failing this time. Bloomberg is hiding his cards. I bet Harris is his favorite. He's just not telling anyone this yet.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I suspect that he has many skeletons in his closet that would be under intense scrutiny if he were to enter into the Presidential candidate arena. He's a slimy operator that plays by his rules only.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    If he was POTUS, I dont think he'd be able to fund all the anti-American groups he currently funds.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Nah, he was elected a few times and mayor of NYC. If there were "skeletons" we would have heard about them.

Bloomberg is right, Dems are going to elect a kooky leftist ala Ben Jealous in the primary. Bloomberg has the closest ties to the financial industry of anyone on the planet. Heck, modern finance would not be what it is if not for him. That will be toxic in the Dem primary.

Ironically, what makes him noxious in the Dem primary makes him a good candidate in the general. He is the only one I can see beating Trump. By the time Sept 2020 rolls around, Supreme Court will have issued one, maybe even two or three opinions on the 2nd amendment. Ginsburg will be gone. Gun control will be off the table, neutralizing a huge liability for him (He can adopt the "Settled law" mantra). He is a fiscal hawk compared to most people running.

357Max

Feb 28, 2019
    Crownsville

Sorry for your luck. Bring earbuds and listen to a Joe Rogan Podcast or something.

I was sweating bullets for a minute, my wife teaches at and is graduating (PHD) from U of MD this spring.
    Thankfully I wont have to listen to Douchberg. Wife is at Baltimore campus and they have Barbara P Bush giving the commencement. Yep that's George W's Daughter.

https://www.umaryland.edu/commencement/keynote-speaker/

Attachments

• Barbara_Pierce_Bush_AAE_Headshot(WEB-400w)BORDER.jpg
      Barbara_Pierce_Bush_AAE_Headshot(WEB-400w)BORDER.jpg
      14.1 KB · Views: 87

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd