• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Good Stuff from the National Shooting Sports foundation

The report, Target Shooting in America: Millions of Shooters, Billions of Dollars, was released today in conjunction with a press conference at the Shooting, Hunting and Outdoor Trade Show (SHOT Show), the largest trade show of its kind in the world and a showcase for the firearms and ammunition industry.

The report provides a first-ever look at U.S. target shooting-related expenditures. Also included are state-by-state statistics for the number of target shooters, retail sales, taxes and jobs. The target-shooting report complements the Hunting in America report released by NSSF and the Association of Fish & Wildlife Agencies in March 2013.

In Maryland, target shooting-related spending contributed $168,132,421 to the state's economy and supported 1,505 jobs.

Nationally, the money target shooters spent in 2011 resulted in $23 billion being added to the nation's economy and supported more than 185,000 jobs.

This needs to get distributed to our representatives and widely publicized somehow on 2A Tuesday !!!

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    just some back of the envelope math. NICS checks were about 125k 2013 in MD, last I checked. 168 mil is about $1,350 per gun. I spent way more, which means we have some real slackers here. ;)

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    just some back of the envelope math. NICS checks were about 125k 2013 in MD, last I checked. 168 mil is about $1,350 per gun. I spent way more, which means we have some real slackers here. ;)

Well it is possible to have multiple firearms on one form.....

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Meh, MD doesn’t want private sector jobs. They want government jobs so they can indoctrinate all of MD into a statist mindset.

I’m still waiting for the day for the NSA and military to get drastic budget cuts so this state’s economy will tank.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    Watch I see this setting up like Colorado..... it doesn't matter how many jobs or sales firearms brings to this state because it can quickly be replaced. The end result they will replace it with the sale of marijuana, tax the hell out of it and that will cover any loss from any gun related items.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Colorado has another difference

Watch I see this setting up like Colorado..... it doesn't matter how many jobs or sales firearms brings to this state because it can quickly be replaced. The end result they will replace it with the sale of marijuana, tax the hell out of it and that will cover any loss from any gun related items.

Except for military installations scattered around the entire country, Denver, Boulder and Colorado Springs make up the 2nd largest civilian federal employee concentration behind the greater DC area. So, abean4187's point about MD gov'mnt employees applies there too.

Like the old Carly Simon song ... Indoctrination, Indoctri-Na-A-Tion ... and it doesn't take much mental coercing when your paycheck is involved.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012

Plus the MJ dumbs the voters even more. We are high so we don't care what the government does.

Bolts Rock

Living in Free America!
    Apr 8, 2012
    Northern Alabama

Except DEA and IRS raided 30 or shops there this week.

That said I put 5 digits in the MD sales number in 2013.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom