• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Just a cotton pickin' minute here buster! I have never mistaken a clip for a magazine. (And indeed I own both). And I most certainly know how to use a gun. I may be considered. a newbie (if a year and a half still leaves me in that category...) but I learn quick and went/go to professionals for all of my training. I took gun ownership seriously and believe the right comes with learning how to responsibly exercise that right. Along with studying all of the laws and regulations associated with it.

So don't be using me a as prime example of people who don't know how to use guns or ignorance of the difference between clips and mags. Oh maybe it's because I asked for a tutorial of using your shotgun??? Seems like good sense to ask a person who lends you something to get a quick walk around. Knobology is always a little different, better to ask than make mistakes when we are talking about firearms.

I think he just means you're the kind of 2013 er we need and should welcome.

Last edited:

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Just a cotton pickin' minute here buster! I have never mistaken a clip for a magazine. (And indeed I own both).

To be fair, yours are very easy to tell apart.

I keed, I keed. :D

Attachments

• clip.jpeg
      clip.jpeg
      3.9 KB · Views: 170
    • mag.jpeg
      mag.jpeg
      18.9 KB · Views: 173

DoubleTap007

Mar 18, 2011
    BelAir, MD
    Its a Maryland Law. Transfer means to transfer ownership from one person to another. You did not transfer ownership in Maryland, you did it in another state. Maryland law only applies in Maryland.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I think he just means you're the kind of 2013 er we need and should welcome.

Calling bs on this.
    Ya better re read where his use of my name is in that paragraph. And the sentence after the invocation. Further down in the paragraph mighta worked.

Lets go to the range fabs.

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    With all due respect to the attorney, he does not know what he is talking about.

THIS ^^^. However this ^^^ statement would NOT apply to our farcely elected political loosership in Annapolis and DC. The above quoted post would need to be amended to:

"With absolute total disrespect and deservingly so, they know not of what they are talking about."

OP, it's time to chill.

CnC

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2012
    Curious to see if OP comes back on the receipt/paperwork question (or at all), or if I have been trolled by a stealth operative on a gun issue online for the first time.

mathfish

May 13, 2013
    I'm still reading all the posts and thank you for all the help. I do sense a turn in the threat. I am not a troll and I probably shouldn't have posted particulars. I am just that stressed out. I did have my girl born, in the evening on Monday. You have to stay in the hospital for 48 hours just sitting until they let you go home. And they had wifi.

Again, I am sorry for causing problems but I really am confused and stressed out. I'll read through the rest of the posts . . .

CnC

Ultimate Member
    Nov 3, 2012
    I'm still reading all the posts and thank you for all the help. I do sense a turn in the threat. I am not a troll and I probably shouldn't have posted particulars. I am just that stressed out. I did have my girl born, in the evening on Monday. You have to stay in the hospital for 48 hours just sitting until they let you go home. And they had wifi.

Again, I am sorry for causing problems but I really am confused and stressed out. I'll read through the rest of the posts . . .

Don't forget to post what your receipt/paperwork says. Curious to know about that as it might be the difference between legal and not.

mathfish

May 13, 2013
    Ok. I read all the posts and I am very concerned as it seems this isn't so open and shut.

Just to clear it up, I am a sensitive person when it comes to these things and I always try to do the right thing, which I tried to do from the very start of this whole horrible situation. And I never want to hide the truth. If I need to turn myself in, I would do that rather than hide something. I am just terrified at the result.

I'll pm all those who asked questions since it seems I really shouldn't be mentioning too much.

Thanks again. . .

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick
    Ok. I read all the posts and I am very concerned as it seems this isn't so open and shut.

Just to clear it up, I am a sensitive person when it comes to these things and I always try to do the right thing, which I tried to do from the very start of this whole horrible situation. And I never want to hide the truth. If I need to turn myself in, I would do that rather than hide something. I am just terrified at the result.

I'll pm all those who asked questions since it seems I really shouldn't be mentioning too much.

Thanks again. . .

I know it's been said and I don't want to pile on but you REALLY need to chill out and relax. I can't even think of a non very remote scenario where this would even ever become a question let alone an issue.

We often debate the details and nuances of the screwed up laws here, and the conversations can go on for page after page of minutia and use cases that could potentially be a technical violation. The key is that those conversations are largely academic.

The laws in Maryland are not only restrictive, but since they were written by people who don't know much about firearms there are large gray areas and outright conflicts. We do the best we can to comply.

You asked an out of state FFL not to send the magazines to you so you didn't buy them
    You didn't take possession of them in MD
    IF your paperwork says "rifle and magazine" ask your ffl for a letter stating that you didn't take possession of the magazine to put your mind at ease.

You didn't do anything "wrong". Talk of turning yourself in is lunacy. Every person reading and commenting on this thread has multiple magazines that would be illegal to buy/sell transfer in the state at this time, and few of us have any idea where and when we got them. We just know it wasn't in Maryland.

Congrats on your new daughter. Pay attention to her and your wife and forget about this.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie

Thanks again. . .

WTF?

They may have made your wife stay at the hospital for 48 hours, but you were free to come and go as you please.

TheBert

The Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2013
    Gaithersburg, Maryland

Usually it is the mother and the just born child that stay in the hospital for 48 hours after the birth. You as the non-mother are not required to stay in the hospital for 48 hours.

If I were you I would keep looking in my rear view mirror and seeing if any cop-like cars are following you or staking out your house getting ready to call in the SWAT team on you.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Just a cotton pickin' minute here buster! I have never mistaken a clip for a magazine. (And indeed I own both). And I most certainly know how to use a gun. I may be considered. a newbie (if a year and a half still leaves me in that category...) but I learn quick and went/go to professionals for all of my training. I took gun ownership seriously and believe the right comes with learning how to responsibly exercise that right. Along with studying all of the laws and regulations associated with it.

So don't be using me a as prime example of people who don't know how to use guns or ignorance of the difference between clips and mags. Oh maybe it's because I asked for a tutorial of using your shotgun??? Seems like good sense to ask a person who lends you something to get a quick walk around. Knobology is always a little different, better to ask than make mistakes when we are talking about firearms.

Brooklyn finally has something right about me. lol

SNI - Just read this:

You guys need to keep in mind that there are a lot of new gun owners in Maryland as a result of SB281. I think SNI is a prime example.

Do you think it is a good idea to drive somebody like you away because you have questions about legal issues concerning firearms? Questions about guns? The tinfoil that some wear on this board is insane when it comes to noobs asking questions, and then they want to attract noobs to the cause and the hobby and at the same time call them trolls because they ask noobish questions. As long as those answering the questions answer in a professional and polite manner, I say bring on the noobs and the potential trolls. The more the merrier.

As far as the OP goes, I think the drama on this one is insane. The cost to defend this type of case would be several thousands of dollars should he turn himself in and the MSP or another law enforcement agency were to decide to press charges to see exactly how the Courts interpret it. Not only that, but I believe it is a possible 3 year sentence should he be found guilty, thereby prohibiting him from ever owning another firearm unless he obtains a pardon from the Maryland Governor. Not even sure he violated any law, but the drama can be cut with a knife.

I welcome all noobs and am willing to educate them as best I can. We need to find as many diamonds in the rough (e.g., SNI) as possible.

Time for dinner.

PS - the day has just been filled with drama. Came home from a drama filled client meeting to this thread. I need to start drinking liquor.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Sometimes I think some people like or need drama, it makes them feel alive. 1000 years ago we were being chased by wolves, bears, and infidels. Maybe we evolved to require a certain adrenaline rush caused by conflict. When there isn't one, we make it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom