• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    It's going to get TONS worse next year when the new communist mayor takes the reins. I'm considering my options since I work in NYC.

Recoil45

Jul 29, 2011
    NY
    This is not new and has been going on for many years. Keep in mind this is NYC not NYS. If it were NYS doing it, it would be something new.

Recoil45

Jul 29, 2011
    NY
    I have been following this question on Oath Keepers. This is bogus.
    several people who live in the city say it is bogus.

Possibly a false flag!!

NYC requires that all long guns be registered. At one time, it was not an issue to have an AR or AK on your registration. As the years went on, when it came time to renew, NYC would not allow the renewal of certain types of rifles like ARs and AKs. After that, the next group like Grands were denied renewal and now it appears we are at the rim fire phase of their plan.

The notice is not bogus. A few years back a friend who lives in a suburb of NYC had to go to his uncles house in NYC and pickup an M1 grand because his uncle received a similar notice.

Another friend of mine moved out of NYC to the suburbs when the renewal of his registration for his AR was denied many years ago.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    You'll likely to get more Maryland Gun Owners in Annapolis than NYC &:NYS Gun Owners in Albany.

NYers can find their way to Apathy much quicker than finding their way to Albany.

True.. we are discusing NY

NY took almost 100 years to get to this point. Fail to fight in Md this is our future..

BTW Albany way up state. Nyc is way down state. Upstate NY said well thsts just NYC on every encroachment.... then the policies of NYC became state policy.. sound familiar.

40k in lawyers mall.. really.

That's what it will take... and there is more.. .all peaceful ...that we can and must do......

40k in lawyers mall. 80k would be better. ;)

Do you really think if, after a handful of confiscation attempts, they were met with armed resistance at each one and a dozen or so casualties resulted, they would continue confiscations? What officer would want to be the first in the door at the next house, knowing that you probably have 10,000 more stops before you're finished? If the only resistance is upon breaking into individuals' houses to confiscate firearms, I don't see how anybody who could ever be swayed to our side would say "look at those evil gun people, we need to ban all guns and sacrifice more lives!" Would the rabid libs say that? Yes. But I don't think the average citizen would.
    Absolutely! Defiance of "legal police action" will be supported by the citizenry, and will trigger yet more violent and forceful raids. News of "gun nuts" shooting up the LEO community will not be stood for, and would most likely result in Fed action, and definitely an "I told you so" chastising that we did not ban assault weapons before. Enter DF and a new push for AW ban, that'll pass this time.
    This armed resistance can have no good end when it is applied on this onsie-twosie basis. The press will mis-report the action and reaction while the rest of us will say it can't happen to us, while hundreds of little "Wacos" will go down each month, largely unreported.

Lemon328i

Mar 21, 2010
    So this letter will be very handy the next time an anti-gun rights zealot says that they are not trying to take away anyone's guns, confiscation is not on the agenda and registration doesn't lead to confiscation. All typical lies that the anti-gun rights movement spouts...

Not a single one has come up with a good answer to my query "if a "universal" background check on prospective gun owners is a good idea, then why isn't a "universal" check on EVERYONE just as valid?"

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    This is why did not own guns when I lived in NYC.. .

Wonder why they need to know where they will be stored? Wonder if they can compel testimony -- we will find out soon enough.

I hope no one does anything stupid...

Nyc police are not gun friendly... they will shoot to kill.

Hmm, so you mean they will use the weapons they certify once every three years with, by firing 20 rounds into a 10 foot square at 7 yards, and randomly shoot all around, hitting random bystanders?

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Hmm, so you mean they will use the weapons they certify once every three years with, by firing 20 rounds into a 10 foot square at 7 yards, and randomly shoot all around, hitting random bystanders?

Look up ESU. Anti terror squad. Look up ATF and FBI task force.

Did you know NYC has operatives in foreign countries...

Feel free to dis the NYPD -- some deserve it -- but the guys who will come for domestic terrorist are not among them NYPD snipers cover the president when he is in town.

NYPD has its own navy-- would not surprise me if they have armed helicopters for anti terror work..

Who do you think provides primary protection detail at the UN ?

Very close interaction with FBI SS and god knows who else ---

Read about Jim Cirello ...

Or not.... I mean yes NYPD has its share of officers who are under skilled.. but with 35 k + officers in the main force Plus Housing Police , Transit police etc..

They have a large pool to pick from for the elite units.

And here is how the feel about Civilian Firearms

The License Division receives many inquiries from the public regarding the procedures involved in obtaining a permit for a handgun. Because of the serious safety concerns inherent in the possession of handguns, it is recommended that the decision to obtain a handgun license be carefully considered and that a licensee receive training in the safety and use of a handgun. Licensees must become familiar with all laws and regulations relating to handgun ownership. The following sections provide information in order to assist persons who wish to apply for a handgun license. They do not in any way imply that a license application will be approved.

Emphasis added.

Personally given the track record of officers shooting there own spouses -- I think the pot is calling the kettle black. :)

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Katie Pavlich weighs in ...

TownHall.com -
    Gun Confiscation Underway in New York

Though these notices were not sent out as a direct result of the SAFE Act, New York State Assemblyman James Tedisco said the new law may embolden city police forces to send out similar letters.

Tedisco, who voted against the SAFE Act, said New York City had the five-round law in the books for about 20 years, but this is the first time he has heard complaints about the notices being sent out to gun owners.

"These letters appear to be another example of the Nanny State," Tedisco said. "Hypothetically, it can start with a letter, and then that can lead to someone knocking on your door saying, 'I want to see your gun.'"

As a former resident, maybe Brooklyn can comment ...

Since the law has been on the books for 20 years, are the letters ever been sent in this volume before ?

Recoil45

Jul 29, 2011
    NY
    <- Current resident.

See my two previous posts in this email. These are not new and have probably went out in larger volumes in the past. The last group of firearms targeted were M1 grands.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    TownHall.com -
    Gun Confiscation Underway in New York

As a former resident, maybe Brooklyn can comment ...

Since the law has been on the books for 20 years, are the letters ever been sent in this volume before ?

I would not know. I was not a gun owner then. Just an NRA member. Nyc is not a place I want to live.

Now that the moderate Democrat is replaced with a leftist loon...
    10 to 20 years before failure... best guess...

No hope of not losing the house... oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom