• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    Dont know if this is the right place but........Another reason for a handgun permit.....

4/16/2012
    Police Investigate Armed Robberies in Potomac

Detectives from the Montgomery County Police Major Crimes Division - Robbery Section are investigating two incidents in Potomac that are now believed to be related. In both incidents, vehicles were struck from behind by another vehicle while the victims were driving their vehicles on Jones Lane.

On April 3, at approximately 11:29 p.m., police received a call from a 49-year-old woman who’s Range Rover was struck from behind on Jones Lane near Turkey Foot Road. The woman did not stop when her vehicle was struck and immediately contacted police. Upon seeing that the woman was on the phone, the striking vehicle made an immediate U-turn and drove away.

On April 14, at approximately 3:12 a.m., police received a call from a 58-year-old male who’s Volvo was struck from behind on Jones Lane near Carry Back Drive. The male victim told police that at approximately 12:20 a.m. his vehicle was struck from behind. When he stopped and exited his vehicle to speak with the driver of the striking vehicle, he was confronted by two masked men. The men were armed with a long gun and a knife.

The victim was knocked to the ground by the suspects, his ankles and wrists were duct taped together, and he was forced into the trunk of his vehicle. The suspects then drove his vehicle with him in the trunk to several ATM locations where money was obtained from the victim’s bank accounts.

After approximately one hour, the suspects drove the victim’s vehicle to the Poplar Grove Baptist Church located at 14625 Jones Lane. In the church parking lot, the suspects released the victim, who then returned home and contacted police. The victim suffered injuries that required medical attention. He was treated at and released from a local hospital.

The suspect vehicle involved in both incidents is described as a white or light-colored truck or SUV with Maryland tags. There is no additional suspect information.

Police are asking that anyone who was in the area of Jones Lane and Carry Back Drive between approximately 12:15 a.m. and 12:30 a.m. on April 14 and may have witnessed any part of this incident to contact detectives at 240-773-5070. Also, anyone who may have any information about the suspects or the suspect vehicle involved in these incidents is also asked to contact police.

Police are advising motorists to immediately contact police if they are involved in a minor collision. The motorist should advise police that they have been involved in a collision and that they are driving to a public and well-lit area for their safety. Motorists should continue driving to a well-lit, safe location to await police response.

# # #

That is incorrect, this never happened.

He was at no greater risk than the general public, which means this couldn't have happened in Maryland.

I am amazed at the lies that the right-wing media will publish to try and sway the minds of people in this peaceful state.

:lol:

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    Ther is no "barracks" in Pikesville. You'll be going into the Devil's Lair at MSP Headquarters.

Unless you have some info that talks about the MSP changing their training location or building new facilities, the MSP barracks are located at the headquarters location in Pikesville where all or the troopers in training stay when going through their training.

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    Just an FYI, the police headquarters is at 1201 Reisterstown Rd, the Licensing division, which is where the interviews are held, is at 1111 Reisterstown Rd.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Unless you have some info that talks about the MSP changing their training location or building new facilities, the MSP barracks are located at the headquarters location in Pikesville where all or the troopers in training stay when going through their training.

They no longer have their academy in Pikesville.

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    Did you know you can drink if you are OC'ing? You can CC but no imbibing.

weird but that's the law.

Before the law as changed recently if you were CC'ing and went into a restaurant that served alcohol, you had to expose your firearm. It was refereed to as "the Virginia tuck"

Now you don't have to tuck but no drinking if you are cc'ing. Unless you're a Federal, state, or local (of any jurisdiction) LEO
    FTFY

You know, I didn't know that there are *no* bars. Interesting. I don't drink much, and never drink and drive or ride with someone who has been drinking. (Saw a friend die that way in college -- it was extraordinarily gruesome -- seared into my memory forever). I had understood the rule over there in VA is you can't sit in the bar section of the restraurant and absolutely no drinking and carry whatsoever, no matter where you are.
    Yep, the two locations types specifically stated in the VA law are "clubs" as in private clubs/organizations and "restaurants". And it refers you to a separate part of the VA Code for alcohol. An interesting thing not specifically referenced is the "Farm winery" which is a separate alcohol license and which many of the wineries & tasting rooms in VA are. Not that I am encouraging mixing alcohol and firearms, but it appears to this non-lawyer's interpretation to be kosher to drink in a farm winery while carrying concealed. Of course it is still a class 1 misdemeanor to be carrying and "under the influence" of alcohol, so there seems to be wiggle room for the police to make charges.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    FTFY

Yep, the two locations types specifically stated in the VA law are "clubs" as in private clubs/organizations and "restaurants". And it refers you to a separate part of the VA Code for alcohol. An interesting thing not specifically referenced is the "Farm winery" which is a separate alcohol license and which many of the wineries & tasting rooms in VA are. Not that I am encouraging mixing alcohol and firearms, but it appears to this non-lawyer's interpretation to be kosher to drink in a farm winery while carrying concealed. Of course it is still a class 1 misdemeanor to be carrying and "under the influence" of alcohol, so there seems to be wiggle room for the police to make charges.

I saw that cross-reference. Interesting that it does not apply to Farm Wineries. Still, the point of carrying is self-defense and defense of your loved ones, possibly in a split second, life and death situation. Booze, even one drink, impairs (to varying degrees) reflexes, attention, perception, vigilance, alertness, tracking ability, judgment and situational awareness. Its inescapable: Booze is inconsistent with the purpose of carrying. See
    http://www.tacsafety.com.au/jsp/con...0000100517A059EAFAEC9&navLink=null&pageID=329

This reality, however, only applies to us mortals -- not, of course, to Clint Eastwood, who is a superman with his six-shooter in a bar, no matter how much he drank. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccqdEhytKOk

JCENTSR6

Mar 15, 2012
    I was contacted today to set up my in person interview scheduled for tomorrow. I am in Anne Arundel County. ;-). So glad they finally called!

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Cheer up!!! Summer is coming and I am sure that they will find a trooper thats going to Deep Creek Lake for vacation. Maybe they can get it done then. :D
    He will probably get lost in the western Maryland twilight zone once he crosses sidling hill.:D
    On a serious note, I'm kinda pissed about the wait because I got my call to go back to work on Monday and I can almost guarantee you that they will call on Monday or Tuesday to set up an interview.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    We had our interviews this afternoon at Golden Ring. I felt like crap, (been sick on and off for over a week), but there was no way I was rescheduling!

Sgt. K was very nice, very professional. He interviewed me first. Then Mrs. Safetech.

Standard questions. Took about ten minutes each.

After we left, the wife had to call him back and correct herself on one of the questions.

It's a "UTAH" permit. Not O-frickin'-hio!
    :sad20:

Now we wait.

:fingerscrossed:

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    We had our interviews this afternoon at Golden Ring. I felt like crap, (been sick on and off for over a week), but there was no way I was rescheduling!

Sgt. K was very nice, very professional. He interviewed me first. Then Mrs. Safetech.

Standard questions. Took about ten minutes each.

After we left, the wife had to call him back and correct herself on one of the questions.

It's a "UTAH" permit. Not O-frickin'-hio!
    :sad20:

Now we wait.

:fingerscrossed:

Blonde?

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Aw, man! DUH!

Off night.

Can't believe I missed that. Went right over my head.
    :)

Edit: And as far as her being blonde... Depends on what box she pulls of the shelf!
    :innocent0

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    I saw that cross-reference. Interesting that it does not apply to Farm Wineries. Still, the point of carrying is self-defense and defense of your loved ones, possibly in a split second, life and death situation. Booze, even one drink, impairs (to varying degrees) reflexes, attention, perception, vigilance, alertness, tracking ability, judgment and situational awareness. Its inescapable: Booze is inconsistent with the purpose of carrying. See
    http://www.tacsafety.com.au/jsp/con...0000100517A059EAFAEC9&navLink=null&pageID=329
    I agree and definitely don't encourage anyone to mix the two, just thought it was interesting that the law specifically states those two types, but not others.

This reality, however, only applies to us mortals -- not, of course, to Clint Eastwood, who is a superman with his six-shooter in a bar, no matter how much he drank. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccqdEhytKOk
    Actually, it doesn't apply to LEOs either. All federal, state, and local LEOs are exempted from the law. Apparently alcohol doesn't affect their judgement or reflexes like it does the rest of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom