• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    The XDM is wayyy larger, a huge difference compared to the G26-G43. The GLOCKs are close in size with the 43 being about 1/8" thinner, but the XDm is more than 1/4" wider, and 1/2" longer. The slide length isn't as big as the width, makes it much more difficult to carry IWB, and impossible to pocket carry, hard to convey how big 1/4" difference in width makes unless you carry daily, and try both pistols.

I'm thinking he means the XD9 subcompact....close in size but double stack with 13 and 16 round mags

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I concur with Alucard....I love my XDS 45. It's what I open carry at Scott's Gunsmithing. It's fairly compact with the 5 round flush mag but can also get a +1 and +2 mag to extend the grip for greater capacity, and also the extended grip which is great around the house or on the range. I have sold a number of customers at Scott's on the XDS in both 45 and 9mm. The 9 is similar in that it has mag options of flush (in this case 7 rounds) as well as +1 and +2. While I generally like longer slides on the range, I like these guns in 3.3 since the point of the XDs is compactness for concealed carry. I also have the XD9 Subcompact which with a 3.0 barrel is close in size, but a bit thicker with its double stack mags of 13 or 16 rounds. I am an all around XD fan boy as I also have an XDm 9mm Competition 5.3 slide. If I didn't have the XD9 Subcompact 3.0, I would consider adding an XDs 3.3. I have been selling the XDS 9mm 3.3s faster lately than the fairly popular Glock 43. I think many of us like the extended mag/ grip option especially when we don't CCW in Maryland. Yet, with the flush mag, it should be a decent concealed option.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    I'm thinking he means the XD9 subcompact....close in size but double stack with 13 and 16 round mags

XDm compact with the 3.8in barrel and the short grip. Not quite as short as the XD subcompact with the 3.0in barrel, the grip length is about the same. The additional .5in barrel length doesn't make much of a difference relative to the XDs. I believe it is something like .2in thicker than the XDs

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    If you don't mind the grip safety, they are great guns.

I don't own one but I've shot a few hundred rounds through them. Nothing but nice things to say about them.

scout6

Sep 28, 2016
    Ceciltucky
    Looks like you're a few days early for the springfield giveaway.

Purchase ANY new Springfield Armory® 9MM, .40SW OR .45ACP pistol February 1 - June 30, 2017 and receive:
    •4 EXTRA MAGAZINES
    •DOUBLE MAG POUCH
    •HOLSTER
    FREE!

Been thinking of grabbing one myself

Smacduff99

Feb 17, 2012
    West Virginia
    I own of 3 the guns you mentioned and carry daily. XDS9 is, as others have mentioned a bit heavy for it's capacity. I own the same CZ PCR and the M&P 9c as well.

I have to admit that my go to carry gun is the S&W. The Smith carries just about as well for me (6' 200 lbs) and has greater capacity than the XDS. I carry the XDS with a Blade Tech IWB when I do carry it. I like the minimal bulk associated with kydex type IWB holsters. I've got a ton of leather as well, but I like the simplicity and thin profiles of the kydex a bit more (to each his own with holsters). The XDS is a bit too large and heavy for me to carry in any garment pockets that I own.

The XDS is reliable and a good gun in it's own right, just never became the go to carry gun I envisioned. It just comes down to weight vs. capacity and for me the M&P 9C wins out. We all have our own preferences, so YMMV. Bottom line, solid gun, won't let you down.

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    I bought a new one on Gunbroker for $371.
    Geez! I bought mine new here in MD for $650 in 2008.

Does anyone own the XDs 9mm? What do you think of it?
    I have the XD Service model in 9mm and I love it! Out of the 1500 I have had a handful of FTF and FTE. I also buy cheap ammo and don't keep it as clean as I should. That said, it's performance is amazing. My wife feels comfortable shooting it and I feel it's a safe pistol where it isn't going to go bang unless I pull the trigger.

What holster do you use with it? I may pocket carry it with a DeSantis Nemesis, but I'd like an idea if anyone has a good rig for it. I'm a big guy 6'0" 250lbs so I should easily be able to conceal it.

Galco IWB leather (can't find the model #). It sits deep and very concealable. It's not the most comfortable thing in the world but if I'm not sitting a lot it's not bad.

Crossbreed supertuck (has the kydex for the xd). Very comfortable. Went hiking with it and forgot it was back there. It sits a bit higher than my Galco so sometimes prints or if my shirt is not long will peak out. This is also very safe as I can one-handed re-holster without looking. I cannot do that with my Galco.

Also have a Maxpedition Jumbo Versipack. Has a CCW compartment and a 2 magazine holster. So with the XD service model that's 3x16 magazines +1 = 49 rounds. This is a good setup if we are at a festival or out hiking where it's socially acceptable to wear the man-purse.
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=2041237&postcount=18

Last edited:

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    QUOTE]

The $371 price stated is less than normal wholesale and probably doesn't include a transfer fee. I suspect the price is either a special Blue Line price (law enforcement discount) of a used firearm price. Even the big volume guys on the 'Net are generally over $400 up to around $450 or more and don't always include shipping and never include transfer fees which vary.

Also, the XDs was released in 2012 or 2013, so I presume your firearm be an XD or XDM. They tend to be a bit more than the XDs. MSRPs on XDMs run from around 600 all the way up to 775 for the XDM Competition.Also the kit with the firearm holster and mag holster is more expensive than the firearm without that kit. Bi Tone guns (silver slide) add cost as well.

callidus

May 21, 2013
    Maryland
    I have a S&W Shield in 9mm; similar size. I use a StealthGearUSA holster. I can't suggest it enough. They make them for most models of handgun, and they're the best holster I've found for iwb type carry. A little pricey, but buy once/cry once.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    QUOTE]

The $371 price stated is less than normal wholesale and probably doesn't include a transfer fee. I suspect the price is either a special Blue Line price (law enforcement discount) of a used firearm price. Even the big volume guys on the 'Net are generally over $400 up to around $450 or more and don't always include shipping and never include transfer fees which vary.

Also, the XDs was released in 2012 or 2013, so I presume your firearm be an XD or XDM. They tend to be a bit more than the XDs. MSRPs on XDMs run from around 600 all the way up to 775 for the XDM Competition.Also the kit with the firearm holster and mag holster is more expensive than the firearm without that kit. Bi Tone guns (silver slide) add cost as well.

My bid was $371 with "no reserve" on Gunbroker. I think I paid $20 shipping and had to pay my FFL $25 to transfer.

I didn't get the gear package. I have the "essentials" package. When the XDs first came out it was priced much higher, especially the version with the holster and crap.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    I like the XDs a lot, but I have one problem with it. Due to my grip, my grip hand thumb keeps the slide from locking back on the last shot. I've never had this problem before. I feel like the slide release design is not good.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    My bid was $371 with "no reserve" on Gunbroker. I think I paid $20 shipping and had to pay my FFL $25 to transfer.

I didn't get the gear package. I have the "essentials" package. When the XDs first came out it was priced much higher, especially the version with the holster and crap.
    Heck of a deal. Most wholesale distributors are right around 400.

Rob R.

Oct 29, 2016
    Harford Co
    Looking at the handgun roster it's hard to determine if the 3.3" 9mm XDs is approved? Anyone purchase one from a dealer or own one?

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Heck of a deal. Most wholesale distributors are right around 400.

I bought one from Sportsmans Guide in February. Had it shipped to ffl in Rockville. No issues

I got mine for $360 with the gear up package "rebate".

Not quite as good but still not too bad currently at $418 plus the package (4 extra mags, holster, and something else) for members.

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/pro...utomatic-9mm-33-barrel-71-81-rounds?a=1815286

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom