• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I just mounted my Vortex Viper 6.5-20x44 on my Savage 10T. I want lower rings to get the scope closer to the barrel. Currently I have Warne low rings that are said to be .250 from the base to the bottom of the scope. As you can see, the scope is a bit tall. I do not want to change the EGW base.

Does anyone know of a set of rings that will get my scope closer to the barrel?

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      57.8 KB · Views: 364

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    Closing the gap I have circled in red is as much lower as you can go with that base.

Attachments

• bossman.jpg
      bossman.jpg
      61.4 KB · Views: 329

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Closing the gap I have circled in red is as much lower as you can go with that base.

I could stand to move my scope forward slightly. In person you can see that it could go down a bit.

I will have to research a quality base that is a bit lower to get that scope down.

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    I could stand to move my scope forward slightly. In person you can see that it could go down a bit.

I will have to research a quality base that is a bit lower to get that scope down.

There's nothing wrong with the base you have now. If anything take a hack saw to it if it's too long.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Dremel is faster than a hacksaw, and you won't miss that little bit out front.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I don't want to shorten the base. I just want the scope to sit lower. Truthfully the height feels good but to me it needs to move down a bit.

Might just leave it alone.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I don't want to shorten the base. I just want the scope to sit lower. Truthfully the height feels good but to me it needs to move down a bit.

Might just leave it alone.

If that's a hunting rifle, and you wear face/neck/head covers in winter, I'd try all those things on before scrunching that scope any lower. Just to be sure.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    If that's a hunting rifle, and you wear face/neck/head covers in winter, I'd try all those things on before scrunching that scope any lower. Just to be sure.

Good thought but just a bench rifle. This thing is heavy. Soon to be wearing a Bell and Carlson M40 as well.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I am going to measure the Warne rings that are on it with a caliper this afternoon. I'm almost positive they are the low rings.

I will be in touch.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    If you chop the extra potion of your rail, it will give you a little more bell room if needed when you lower your scope more.

antco

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Calvert, MD
    A picture for reference of my Nightforce 30mm tube and 50mm lens in Nightforce low rings with TacOps or Badger 20moa base.

5863C34C-7D52-46DD-B8E9-9A1D5260EF5A_zpsscbmjsxq.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom