• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave_E71

Nov 11, 2009
    Going through the junque boxes and found some odds and ends...

I'm thinking I'll do a Colt 609 build, any other suggestions?

Attachments

• 1502832961718-2096063541.jpg
      1502832961718-2096063541.jpg
      72.6 KB · Views: 575

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Love me some CAR 15s!

That's some nice junque there. You will make some friends here. Now, I must go hop into the "Out of Context" thread.

Dave_E71

Nov 11, 2009
    Or sell some to me!!!! You need a CAR!

There are 4 slickside uppers (NOS), 2 large pin and 2 small in addition to 2 A1 uppers (one of each also). I don't see myself using all of them so they'll send up on the classifieds sooner rather than later.
    These came from a gunsmith friend of mine, the "sad" part is that the GI slick side uppers are what is left of the last batch of new in the wrap that he was using to make match uppers from in the days before flat top uppers...

Attachments

• 1502836198153-1019408064.jpg
      1502836198153-1019408064.jpg
      115.1 KB · Views: 525

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    Forgot to add you should definitely do a DOE smg with one of those slick side uppers. It'll be on my list of I get another loose slick side. If you need info on retro clone lowers, we can get you the skinny on that too.

Attachments

• nov13020.jpg
      nov13020.jpg
      31.3 KB · Views: 515

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Damn, an Edgewater buffer. You could make a 601/602 jam'o'matic with that. I want!

As for the flat tops. Many got made in the old days. Cut the carrying handle off an send her out to be refinished. The drill an tap for whatever scope mount your using. Really nice find!

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Forgot to add you should definitely do a DOE smg with one of those slick side uppers. It'll be on my list of I get another loose slick side.
    Won't make OAL in MD, unfortunately. CAR15 of some sort is pretty much the way to go at this point.

wbw2123

Nov 19, 2012
    That's not a retro AR build. I'd probably use "abomination" to describe it instead.

That's as close as you can get for a fsa13 afterthought. Abomination may be a little harsh, but I do agree with you that it's terrible. For someone with no other solution, the shockwave blade as an example would be wholly inaccurate, but would get him a reasonable profile in post ban Maryland.

Short of having a nice stockpile of pre13 lowers on Form1s, the alternative that doesn't currently exist would be an extra long collapsible buffer tube. You can get 29" with a 11" barrel so a custom 4" longer buffer tube and spring spacer would give you the needed length. essentially makes it so the fiberlite stock would look extended in the fully collapsed position. Still not accurate, but maybe not an abomination.

Cut a second buffer tube and weld it to a carbine tube and you've got your extra long tube without needing a spring spacer. Would need the pretty talented welder and would still need a form1 for the short barrel.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Looks to be a 9mm(pictured upper) so, no Hbar requirement. As someone else said, not of much use as a retro.

http://jerkingthetrigger.com/tag/echo-nine-three/page/2/

Some of those don't have the weird 9mm deflector. I'd be interested in building another AR with one of those slick-side carry handle receivers and that funky stock. I'd snag a pencil barrel and install a FSB and flash suppressor. Probably looking like a Colt SP-1. Not that I need a 7th AR, but it would be a fun build. Let us know when you're selling those receivers and stuff. I have cash :D

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Some of those don't have the weird 9mm deflector. I'd be interested in building another AR with one of those slick-side carry handle receivers and that funky stock. I'd snag a pencil barrel and install a FSB and flash suppressor. Probably looking like a Colt SP-1. Not that I need a 7th AR, but it would be a fun build. Let us know when you're selling those receivers and stuff. I have cash :D
    Incorrect, you do need a seventh AR! Build it in a MD-banned config for FREEDOM. :)

Dave_E71

Nov 11, 2009
    rob-cubed, thanks for clarifying that, I was a little concerned... :shocking:

I'm still in the process of inventorying this stuff, small writing and old eyes, what a pain in the arse.
    There aren't a whole lot more AR/m16 parts other than what you all have already seen....

So far I've found some USGI M14 parts and Garand parts (pre war, WWII and post war) and 1903/A3 parts. Garand, M14, 1903/A3 and M1917 stocks. A not rotted G98 barrel and some 1903A3, M1917, Garand, M14, AR10 and AR15 barrels.

I'll not be looking to retire on this stuff but I'm not going to give it away either.
    For the M14 parts, I'm using http://treelinem14.com/M14-Parts_c6.htm as a guide and knocking some off their prices? Same idea with the other more common parts but there are some early Garand parts that aren't in Larry Babcock's "M1 Garand Photo Essay" and other stuff like an early Winchester trigger with the extra hole that don't come up for sale enough to get a handle on the value.

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom