• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    He's not as wealth as Tim. Maybe that was a factor.

No matter. good move.

rlc2

Nov 22, 2014
    left coast
    Tim McGraw and Dixie Chicks

Maybe he's aiming to join the Dixie Chicks.

He's entitled to his opinion and I'm entitled to voting with my wallet.

http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/destroying-the-dixie-chicks-ten-years-after

Musicians run the same risk as Actors, with ego-inflation leading to magical thinking about their special-ness as an authority in other fields.

Reminds me of something I think James Lileks said-

"The difference between an actor, and a circus dog, is the dog knows to get down off its hind legs when the show is over..."

Feb 28, 2013
    Modern country singers don't impress me at all, and this neutered "Tim McGraw" jackass is yet another reason why, like that guy with the song that goes "she thinks my tractor's sexy". I'd bet that durn fool don't even know how to drive one. At least Jerry Reed could drive a truck.

I'll never understand how people from what the Muslim-in-Chief derisively refers to as "those states in the middle" don't detest him. He and all the coastal and inside-the-beltway parasites are a threat to their way of life.

These two REAL country music stars are rolling in their graves...:sad20:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    On the cover of the Rolling Ston(ed) ...

Interpretation
    I support them but won't be playing the fundraiser for fear of losing money

Maybe, but at least he backed out ... Unlike McGraw and Chase.

And then there's THIS ...

Rolling Stone: Tim McGraw a ‘Champion of the Second Amendment’

After covering Billy Currington’s pullout from the event, Leahey described McGraw as a principled gun rights advocate who was standing his ground against a hate mob. “One champion of the Second Amendment who isn’t backing down is McGraw, a gun owner and recreational hunter,” he wrote.

Currington wrote:

"I've never been one to take on controversial issues — I'm a singer," he wrote. "I do feel strongly about honoring and supporting the Sandy Hook community and will be making a donation to a local organization. I appreciate people's freedom and passion for whatever cause they want to support, however, I am choosing to step aside from this fundraiser and will focus instead on the rest of the tour dates as I look forward to being on the road with Tim and Chase and having a blast with all of the fans."

But, but, but ... It's for the children ... or is it ?

Sandy Hook Promise Not Anti-Gun? Let’s Check

As for Sandy Hook Promise, I ran a little experiment. I gave myself 10 minutes to see what I could find on a Google search, and even less time than that revealed these:

BigT5g

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2014
    Dayton MD
    Nicole Hockley who lost her son in the Sandy Hook Tragedy is all about making money off of it while working to disarm law abiding citizens like myself and you! It's disgusting that people like Tim McGraw are supporting organizations like this. She has several organizations that she setup that are clearly profit driven. Do me a favor visit her Ted Talk and give it a thumbs down! :tdown: Please!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFSw5Zri_o0

Done.

rlc2

Nov 22, 2014
    left coast
    real story is...

Well, just a tiny note- I watched a clip of Bill Maher spotlighted on some forum, and he claimed Tim McGraw was doing the Sandy Hook Promise because one of his bandmates lost a child at Sandy Hook.

I thought "whoa, did not read that anywhere" and could empathize, again, for the genuine good heart behind the gesture. (And I am giving McGraw the benefit of the doubt as I dont know the man).

But, on closer view- Maher was wrong (why am I not surprised)- it was a friend of a band member.

Not a big deal, heartwise- but reminds me the bigger story is the polarization between left and right over this. You could not believe the sniffs of outrage and desperate interruptions by the mostly leftist panel to applaud Maher's nasty insinuations about gun nuts. And some of the comments I wont repeat, about suppressing the dissent by gun rights folk.

And the studio audiences applause (assuming thats not just a canned sound track- no idea, never been to Hollyweird tv show, and not gonna, either).

The point being, while the right was aghast at McGraws stance on freedom to defend oneself, the left was all in for taking away freedom of speech, for those who dared object.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Inb4 some ******* claims it was all a hoax and that the friend didn't lose anything...

SargeTMC

Army Retired (EOD)
    May 30, 2013
    Joppa, MD
    Nuff Said!!!!!!

Attachments

• Tim McGraw.jpg
      Tim McGraw.jpg
      27.1 KB · Views: 262

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics