• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    The MSI testimony on SB 39 is now posted on our website. https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/documents/summary/4-public-documents/190-sb-39. Please testify. Note that the Committees in the House and the Senate are now requiring anyone submitting written testimony on a bill must submit one hard copy to the Committee Staff AND use a Flash Drive to upload an electronic PDF copy of the testimony to the Committee the morning of the hearing on the bill. It is complicated. Go early

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Nope, must be delivered on the same day of the hearing. Someone can do you that for you, but it still must be on the same day.

Is there a way to sue for making it more difficult? I feel that my input is being suppressed. I cannot take off work on short notice, and the hearing scheduling is making this a problem.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    Sounds like we need someone with a disability that can't come in person who has a democrat rep to ask their rep to submit testimony for them.

When they refuse, game on?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Can MSI (for example) receive and then upload testimony from a number of sources from one thumbdrive? (I imagine that they'd need to provide a single hard copy of each individual's e-contribution as well.)

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Can MSI (for example) receive and then upload testimony from a number of sources from one thumbdrive? (I imagine that they'd need to provide a single hard copy of each individual's e-contribution as well.)
    Based on the wording in the various committee rules, that would be difficult.

In order to submit written testimony, the "witness signup" screens must be completed for the submitter prior to requesting that the committee staff perform the virus scan.

This is just more obfuscation and blatantly transparent attempt by the General Assembly to discourage the public from shining the light...

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I’d suggest Frost should look into this, but... .

Anticipated Frosh response, “why yes, I’ll immediately look in to why I’ve connived to make it more difficult for citizens to submit written testimony to committees”

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012

I wish we could take that on. But, I can't with so much going on the 15 in three different committees. There is simply too much for me to do. If someone wants to volunteer, that would be great.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Based on the wording in the various committee rules, that would be difficult.

In order to submit written testimony, the "witness signup" screens must be completed for the submitter prior to requesting that the committee staff perform the virus scan.

This is just more obfuscation and blatantly transparent attempt by the General Assembly to discourage the public from shining the light...

A double AMEN to that.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD

A number of delegates have offered to do this. I think everyone is unsure how this will actually work.

mac1_131

MSI Executive Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 31, 2009
    No budget for purchasing flash drives for MGA staff... they will next require a box of pencils and a ream of printer paper for each testimony submitted.
    From an IT security standpoint, this is a nightmare. Not a safe practice. No one in their right mind would do this.

Anyone that is doing this, I'd suggest bringing the smallest flash drive you can, freshly formatted, and only your testimony on it to speed up the virus scan process.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    From an IT security standpoint, this is a nightmare. Not a safe practice. No one in their right mind would do this.

Anyone that is doing this, I'd suggest bringing the smallest flash drive you can, freshly formatted, and only your testimony on it to speed up the virus scan process.
    I'll be buying the cheapest I can find and disposing of them after turning in testimony. I have no faith that LEG-IT will be able to prevent cross infection or injection attack vectors.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

shershot99

Mar 22, 2010
    Carroll County
    what does this bill do?

So I have read this bill a few times. Admittedly, I am a dummy but cant quite figure out what they are doing with this one. Would this ban all anderson's regardless of hbar or not? ALL 300's or just anderson 300's? I am a little lost on this one. Either way, it needs to go down in flames but I am just trying to understand what it targets.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom