Gun Grabbing follies in Georgia (seizure!)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Let me guess, Atlanta delegates. Home of Hank "Guam Could Capsize" Johnson.

Campfire

Apr 21, 2012
    Kansas
    Gee, and I seem to recall that President Obama, in his town hall, repeatedly said that anyone that believed his party was calling for confiscation was believing a "conspiracy theory"...

I heard him say that in reference to himself, but not his party. I could have missed it though. I don't think he could or would claim that position in reference to all Dems or progressives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I'd love to see this pass. It would be entertaining to see the civil disobedience that follows. The Sheriff's who refuse to enforce it, and the LEO's who refuse to take firearms from their fellow citizens. I think most of these liberals live in a fantasy world, and don't understand the fervor with which many of us believe in the founding principles of this Country. They need a wake-up call.

ericoak

don't drop Aboma on me
    Feb 20, 2010
    Howard County
    I'd love to see this pass. It would be entertaining to see the civil disobedience that follows. The Sheriff's who refuse to enforce it, and the LEO's who refuse to take firearms from their fellow citizens. I think most of these liberals live in a fantasy world, and don't understand the fervor with which many of us believe in the founding principles of this Country. They need a wake-up call.

MD has a better chance of repealing every gun law and tax then this passing.

Feb 28, 2013

Just look what happened in Connecticut. And it's STILL happening, even in one of the most libtarded states in the country.

This will NOT fly in Georgia.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    It's Georgia, I doubt gun control freaks have much of a say in that state. At least I hope they don't!

When I lived there way back in the 80s, I would have said this would have no chance. But like in most places, the liberals are reproducing like rats flooding the suburbs, and gaining a foothold. The more conservative people in rural areas, and don't always get involved with the political process, while the liberals are energized by the fear machine and believe without question all the BS the media and democrats are feeding them.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    It's okay because the people of Georgia can just move to a gun friendly state like say, Colorado or Virginia rather than trying to oppose this.

SigNerd

Feb 24, 2015
    Yea, they're going to need quite a bit of luck considering that the Republicans have a super majority in both houses of the general assembly.

GeorgiaCarry.org's take on the bill from their most recent newsletter:

This bill would outlaw almost all semi-automatic rifles, most semi-automatic pistols, standard capacity magazines and provide for the GBI to confiscate any weapon you legally own that the Democrats do not want you to own. Of course, these would be confiscated with no intention of reimbursing you for your loss, another unconstitutional portion of this bill.

This bill is going nowhere and never had any chance to even get a hearing, let alone reach the floor for a vote. GCO has not reached out to our members on this bill, as we see no reason to get people upset about a bill that has no chance of passing. We only contact you when there is a bill that is going to be heard and then we tell you our position on that particular bill. If you do not hear from us on a bill, it has no chance of passing.

Unlike some groups who have called for their members to contact their legislators as well as asked for donations to help them defeat this bill, we only ask you to contact your legislators during the session when there is a vote to be taken. Otherwise, there is no need to contact them. Of course, if you are at the Capitol, you should always try to see them for a short visit and let them know who you are and that you are interested.

And, don't forget that almost all of the same people who passed HB60 the so-called "Guns Everywhere Bill" was passed less than 2 years ago are still in office. Things have not changed that much here in GA.

I'm still looking forward to moving to the Atlanta area soon, I'm not going to let a few crackpot legislators with no power scare me away. I was even down there this weekend and carried the whole time, even at a store that was posted no weapons allowed. I felt like a real life citizen instead of a subject, even if just for the weekend up until the point that I had to unload my pistol in NoVA and put it in the trunk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom