• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Subscribe My PGC - Service of Prince George's County, MD
    TOMORROW: County Executive Baker, Attorney General Frosh, Congressman Van Hollen Stand Together to Support Handgun Licensing Laws that Could Reduce Handgun Related Crimes

For immediate release:
    4/21/2016 6:30:00 PM

For more information, contact:
    Scott L. Peterson Deputy Manager of Communications/Press Secretary Cell: 240-619-9400
    Upper Marlboro, MD – Tomorrow, April 22, 2016, at 2:00 p.m. at the Prince George’s County Police Headquarters in Palmer Park, MD, Prince George’s County Executive Rushern L. Baker, III will be joined by Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh, Congressman Chris Van Hollen, Assistant Prince George’s County Police Chief Hector Velez, and Marylanders To Prevent Gun Violence Board Chair, Vincent DeMarco for a press conference to discuss the need to reduce gun violence and how stronger handgun licensing laws are necessary to stop the violence.
    “Over the last 5 years we have been able to significantly reduce crime in Prince George’s County,” said County Executive Baker. “The 2013 Maryland law is making a difference in this state, yet there are still too many gun related crimes taking place in our county and around the state. There is still much more we can do and we must work together to do it.”

WHAT:
    County Executive Baker, Attorney General Frosh, Congressman Van Hollen Stand Together to Support Handgun Licensing Laws that Could Reduce Handgun Related Crimes

WHEN:
    Friday, April 22, 2016
    2:00 PM

WHERE:
    Prince George’s County Police Department (PGPD) Headquarters
    7600 Barlowe Rd.,
    Palmer Park, MD
    ###​
    For more information please visit our website news page.
    Prince George's County Seal Subscriber Services: Manage | Help
    Subscriber or Web Questions? Contact County Click 3-1-1
    Bookmark and Share
    Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Subscribe My PGC - Service of Prince George's County, MD
    TOMORROW: County Executive Baker, Attorney General Frosh, Congressman Van Hollen Stand Together to Support Handgun Licensing Laws that Could Reduce Handgun Related Crimes

For immediate release:
    4/21/2016 6:30:00 PM

For more information, contact:
    Scott L. Peterson Deputy Manager of Communications/Press Secretary Cell: 240-619-9400
    Upper Marlboro, MD – Tomorrow, April 22, 2016, at 2:00 p.m. at the Prince George’s County Police Headquarters in Palmer Park, MD, Prince George’s County Executive Rushern L. Baker, III will be joined by Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh, Congressman Chris Van Hollen, Assistant Prince George’s County Police Chief Hector Velez, and Marylanders To Prevent Gun Violence Board Chair, Vincent DeMarco for a press conference to discuss the need to reduce gun violence and how stronger handgun licensing laws are necessary to stop the violence.
    “Over the last 5 years we have been able to significantly reduce crime in Prince George’s County,” said County Executive Baker. “The 2013 Maryland law is making a difference in this state, yet there are still too many gun related crimes taking place in our county and around the state. There is still much more we can do and we must work together to do it.”

WHAT:
    County Executive Baker, Attorney General Frosh, Congressman Van Hollen Stand Together to Support Handgun Licensing Laws that Could Reduce Handgun Related Crimes

WHEN:
    Friday, April 22, 2016
    2:00 PM

WHERE:
    Prince George’s County Police Department (PGPD) Headquarters
    7600 Barlowe Rd.,
    Palmer Park, MD
    ###​
    For more information please visit our website news page.
    Prince George's County Seal Subscriber Services: Manage | Help
    Subscriber or Web Questions? Contact County Click 3-1-1
    Bookmark and Share
    Having trouble viewing this email? View it as a Web page.

Notice the hedging.. a far cry from their prior brash claims..

These sorry excuses for leaders are starting to equivocate.. ;)

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Looks to me like this scum is trying to exploit the death of the police officer who was just killed at the very station where they are holding the press conference. Soulless, tasteless, pieces of scum.

Z_Man

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2014
    Harford County
    sounds like we need to show up and ask all the questions....

what is the effect on crime since the handgun qualification liscence went into effect?

what % of gun crimes were committed by individuals with legally owned firearms?

what % of gun crimes were committed by the individual who bought the gun legally?

how many people who attempted to purchase a firearm, but were disproved by a background check were prosecuted?

how many people were convicted of gun crimes in the state of MD in 2015?

what % of the murders in PG county in 2015 have a suspect charged with the crime of murder?

how many gun crimes were committed by a carry permit holder while legally carying a firearm?

how have any of the laws that you have proposed or passed and approved propose to reduce violence committed with a firearm?

how many gun thefts have been reported since FSA 2013, and what % of those thefts has the criminal been caught and charged with the crime of theft of firearms?

I'm sure there are more actual facts based questions that they have no answer to, or are unwilling to answer.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

Anyone who can, show up and bust their chops over this.

I so wish Rack could rally the patriots.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    this thread is rated PG.

Attachments

• pg county.jpg
      pg county.jpg
      12.3 KB · Views: 736

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    PLEASE, PLEASE PLEASE!!!!

Anyone who can, show up and bust their chops over this.

I so wish Rack could rally the patriots.

The problem is a Patriot Picket could elevate this Van Hollen "campaign" event because our presence creates the conflict the media thrives on. That pushes what looks like a nothing-burger "no-news" story up to the top and gives Van Hollen the coverage he wants--which is he is fighting gun nuts.

This, at a time the Donna Edwards campaign is hurting Hollen by accusing him of cutting deals with the NRA.

So we are kind of stuck.... What say you?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The only counter-tactic that would work would be to demonstrate IN FAVOR OF DONNA EDWARDS (Operation Chaos).

You would have to hold a sign saying "WE SUPPORT DONNA EDWARDS" and then be prepared to explain that to the arriving media. Anybody up for that?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    I'm for showing up to hold a sign, but today address Racks comment would suggest only the signs emphasizing our loss of civil rights and our right to self defense.

Showing up with our regular 2A/Infringers signs plays right into Van Hollen's hands as he points out the window and tells the media he is the best one to fight "those 2A extremists, who are the problem!"

It would have to be a sign event promoting Donna Edwards.

I'm game--who else? I can make a couple signs that say:

"DONNA WILL MAKE US PROUD!"
    "EDWARDS FOR SENATE!"
    "VAN HOLLEN IS A HACK!"

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Van Hell is making a big show on guns for the primary. How'd that work for Anthony Brown?

Newsflash: people care about pocketbook issues.

I see this as good news. If Edwards and Van Hell keep up with the nearly exclusive guns platform they will lose in Nov. I am not interrupting them while they go off in the wrong direction.

Jimboy

Jimboy
    Patriot Picket
    Jul 8, 2015
    From frying pan to Fire
    Gotcha Rack, but my thoughts are that almost any publicity is good, even if negative, since it keeps our plight on the front burner. Some may be inclined to ask questions.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Yes, but challenging Van Hollen on 2A right before a primary where he is getting HEAT FROM HIS LEFT is exactly what he wants--it gives him the platform to say he is better equipped than Edwards to fight guns and gun "extremists".

Shazam

Dec 20, 2012
    Showing up with our regular 2A/Infringers signs plays right into Van Hollen's hands as he points out the window and tells the media he is the best one to fight "those 2A extremists, who are the problem!"

It would have to be a sign event promoting Donna Edwards.

I'm game--who else? I can make a couple signs that say:

"DONNA WILL MAKE US PROUD!"
    "EDWARDS FOR SENATE!"
    "VAN HOLLEN IS A HACK!"

"DONNA EDWARDS HATES GUNS MORE"

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas
    Yes, but challenging Van Hollen on 2A right before a primary where he is getting HEAT FROM HIS LEFT is exactly what he wants--it gives him the platform to say he is better equipped than Edwards to fight guns and gun "extremists".

Which makes your Edwards idea even better if the signs address the failure of the Terror Watch List bill in the MGA this session. Van Hollen backed it big time and it died. I'm sure a Edwards "supporter" could point that out to the media.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    This is just going to be a mutual admiration circle jerk. I doubt anyone will be there who isn't media or supporting Van Whoring's campaign. I just find it so disgusting they are obviously using the death of the PG County officer who was just killed there to their advantage. That is a truly despicable act, even by their standards. Of course with a little dickhead like Frosh who held a press conference about his gun control bill on the same day and at the same time they were having many of the Newtown funerals, what do you expect.

It will be interesting to see what additional restrictions they want on HQL's, however.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom