• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hell. I just ordered another 1,000 shells.

I just shot a shotgun for the first time this past Sunday, at the wobble trap course at AGC. I was terrible! I didn't hit too many, but it was a lot of fun. I figured that I'd better stock up on shells.

I am bad at it too.
    What are the odds of you being off on Fridays? Solo wobble trap at AGC isn't as fun as with others.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    Academy is my go to for ammo lately. Pretty much always free shipping and good prices.

yeah i was going to load up on Winchester AA, $2/box Win rebate plus their 20% off and that's cheaper than the basic Fed/Win stuff at walmart, but alas, they're OOS.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    It appears that they have removed the American Eagle 223 from their inventory.

Yes! And added it to MY inventory!!!

Ordered and delivered in 4 days. Amazing!

Attachments

• Ammo.jpg
      Ammo.jpg
      133.9 KB · Views: 125

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    Still waiting for my order. Status page says submitted but no updates.

ETA: they must have heard. Just got the shopping notification.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    I am having trouble believing Academy made any money off of this recent offering....

I feels like the code and the free shipping at the same time was "a mistake".

Now the savvy businessman in me (not really but it sounds good) wonders if they didn't do this in order to get tons on new customers, who now believe they are the best thing since sliced bread.

Certainly, I will now look at Academy FIRST any time I need ammo....

Either really dumb, or REALLY SMART!

GolfR

Ultimate Member
    Oct 20, 2016
    Columbia MD
    I am having trouble believing Academy made any money off of this recent offering....

Now the savvy businessman in me (not really but it sounds good) wonders if they didn't do this in order to get tons on new customers, who now believe they are the best thing since sliced bread.

The 20% off coupon really is an amazing deal. We have focused on the ammo prices, but it works on pretty much everything in their store. With free shipping, no tax, and 20% off I have grabbed a new pair of hiking boots, a new tent, folding chairs, and a bunch of other random stuff for the beach this summer. At one point I had a $3000 kids playground set in my cart but I didn't pull the trigger on that!

The American Eagle 9mm (with all codes) was selling within 1cpr of what AmmoJon is paying in bulk.
    During a (alcohol involved) conversation, he was explaining the "high volume, high turnover, low margin" business principle and let it slip what he pays per 10k.
    With shipping included, this deal is a wash- at best- for Academy. Lets not get too hyped that our orders will actually be fulfilled. Remember the Gander Outdoors deal a few months back?

Yup

armed_economist

Dec 4, 2017

They certainly got a new customer in me, although if a competitor sells for cheaper in the future I won't hesitate to jump ship.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008

The problem with making money in ammunition is that there are so many levels/people between the manufacturer and the customer. Everyone involves wants their piece and the price goes higher and higher, yet the price needs to stay low or it won't sell. The only way to make money is on volume.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I got my order today and was quite surprised. To call mine an order is really a stretch since some of you probably saved more than I spent. However, it looked like it was going ship from 2 different places. I got the shipping info for 1 part but not the other. Today, I got both parts of my order in 2 different boxes and it appears that they haven't charged me for the second part that I never got tracking information for. I am sure that it will even out sometime, it was only $7 and some change that they didn't charge me for.

wailer

Oct 2, 2008
    Largo
    Got mine's today thanks OP!!! Academy has been the real deal, I generally buy my 5.45x39mm Monarch ammo from them best deal in town. I hope they can maintain this pace as PSA has been dry of lately.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    To make mine even odder, I got the "Your order has been delivered" email, but no mention of the box of .22 WMR that I had ordered and was delivered separately that they didn't charge me for. Looking more closely it seems that I did not get what I had ordered. What I had ordered was Fiocchi .22 WMR 40 grain jacketed hollow point. What I got was Fiocchi .22 WMR 40 grain total metal jacket. Other than not being hollow points, I am not sure what the difference is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom