Anti-Gun Control Parkland Survivor Questioned By School Security For Visiting Gun Ran

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Kyle Kashuv Questioned By School Security For Visiting Gun Range With His Father

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29790/breaking-anti-gun-control-parkland-survivor-kyle-daily-wire

Looks like this kids dad was probably trying to teach his son the facts about firearms by taking him to the range. Sounds like everything was done in a totally responsible way, yet the Parkland principal felt compelled to have the kid questioned by police without a a parent or guardian involved.

Decoy

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2007
    Dystopia
    So now the school has control of what a student can and can't do outside of school? WTF.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Kyle Kashuv Questioned By School Security For Visiting Gun Range With His Father

https://www.dailywire.com/news/29790/breaking-anti-gun-control-parkland-survivor-kyle-daily-wire

Looks like this kids dad was probably trying to teach his son the facts about firearms by taking him to the range. Sounds like everything was done in a totally responsible way, yet the Parkland principal felt compelled to have the kid questioned by police without a a parent or guardian involved.

Good summary.

Other thread on it here ...

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=223063

Am on the phone so was lazy to check if it was sooner than yours.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I'm not sure what the grounds for a lawsuit are here. What are the damages? Would they be seeking injuctive relief against SROs asking questions of students? I don't think what happened to him was right, but I don't see where it crosses a legality threshold or became a tort.

TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I'm not sure what the grounds for a lawsuit are here. What are the damages? Would they be seeking injuctive relief against SROs asking questions of students? I don't think what happened to him was right, but I don't see where it crosses a legality threshold or became a tort.

How about unlawful detention, improper use of their office, communicating a threat, I'm sure if this was a lefty they would have had a thousand of lawyers after the school board, sheriff's department and the school.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    It's a shame , but ...

It's really, really thin to actionable . SRO's talk to students. School staff talks to students . No criminal charges , or adverse administrative consequences have happened . YET .

But the kid/ family need a lawyer on retainer . If there isn't a pro-2A lawer in Fla stepping up for Pro Bono , I'd donate for one , and I'm not alone .

Document all interactions with SRO's and Staff . Lawyer will give him guide lines of when to shrug them off, and when to lawyer up .

As a matter of Principle , he shouldn't put up with harassment and stand up for 1A . For his best intrests as an individual person , he would be better off in a different ( private) school .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom