Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      46.3 KB · Views: 294

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    Channel 8: Conference did not go as planned.

This was the channel 8 reporting at the end, as they panned back at Rack:

"This is a very interesting sort of - this is how a news conference can sometimes devolve. You heard what was a fairly compelling presentation about laws -toughening gun laws nationwide, and a bill that Chris Van Hollen, democratic member of Congress, has offered in the house of representatives but it also comes in just four days before Chris van Hollan is facing a very tough Maryland Democratic primary for the Senate nomination to succeed retiring Maryland senator, but the one question asked by our own Brad Bell , it's well knowing too is, is this a campaign event for Chris Van Hollen? Rushern Baker artfully dodged the question and explained that this was something that he thought was necessary and that this same question has been raised coming all the way back to earlier this year when the general assembly first went into session. Well in just a short time ago too, you saw a lone Donna Edwards supporter with a number of signs in the back of this hallway at the Prince Georges police department in Palmer Park, so that it does have... inescapable political overtones to it. Very interesting set of circumstances is that news conference now apparently about to break up some live coverage for you here on what turned out to be something other than what we had expected it to be at the very beginning, instead of that compelling presentation on toughening gun laws in a bill that van Hollen has offered in the house - it's become something of a political football as well, as I said just for days before that Democratic Party primary election to choose a successor in an overwhelming a democratic state to Barbara Mikulski." :party29:

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    Thank you W2D for the EXCELLENT transcript.

Wow...what a media punch to the gut for Van Hollen, Vinny, his girl Jen Jen, and for Frosh. The whole presser runs off the rails!

ABC7 is major media and Van Hollen has got to be furious to have his campaign triumph turned on its head.

Thanks for answering the call and for the transcribing W2D!

W2D

Ultimate Member
    Dec 2, 2015
    Escaped MD for FL
    If that is how it was reported, that would have been painful listening!!

If it was a transcript... wow...

I played the DVR into my phone's text messaging, which has a speech-to-text mode. Several mistakes - Baker came out Berkeley! Priceless.

GTOGUNNER

IANAL, PATRIOT PICKET!!
    Patriot Picket
    Dec 16, 2010
    Carroll County!
    How does the campaign event happen? I mean, its not in Van hollows district so clearly its a campaign event. Is it even legal? Can we arrange a press conference at the PGC PD headquarters?

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Please share far & wide with your Democrat voter friends

Let's get ready to RUMBLE !!!

Edwards vs Van Hollen on Gun Control

Donna Edwards thinks that Chris Van Hollen is pandering for votes in Prince Georges County ... her home, where she has garnered support from the majority of the County Council members.

So why is Rushern Baker, Prince George's County Executive, holding a political event in support of Van Hollen ?

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Thank you W2D for the EXCELLENT transcript.

Wow...what a media punch to the gut for Van Hollen, Vinny, his girl Jen Jen, and for Frosh. The whole presser runs off the rails!

ABC7 is major media and Van Hollen has got to be furious to have his campaign triumph turned on its head.

Thanks for answering the call and for the transcribing W2D!

THAT shows the power of just one good man...

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Shell shocked. They can't believe I am in their room!

LOOK AT THEIR FACES! They won't look up...mortified!

Push these photos out on social media.

Of course we support diversity! We're the Good Guys.

This was the channel 8 reporting at the end, as they panned back at Rack:

"This is a very interesting sort of - this is how a news conference can sometimes devolve. You heard what was a fairly compelling presentation about laws -toughening gun laws nationwide, and a bill that Chris Van Hollen, democratic member of Congress, has offered in the house of representatives but it also comes in just four days before Chris van Hollan is facing a very tough Maryland Democratic primary for the Senate nomination to succeed retiring Maryland senator, but the one question asked by our own Brad Bell , it's well knowing too is, is this a campaign event for Chris Van Hollen? Rushern Baker artfully dodged the question and explained that this was something that he thought was necessary and that this same question has been raised coming all the way back to earlier this year when the general assembly first went into session. Well in just a short time ago too, you saw a lone Donna Edwards supporter with a number of signs in the back of this hallway at the Prince Georges police department in Palmer Park, so that it does have... inescapable political overtones to it. Very interesting set of circumstances is that news conference now apparently about to break up some live coverage for you here on what turned out to be something other than what we had expected it to be at the very beginning, instead of that compelling presentation on toughening gun laws in a bill that van Hollen has offered in the house - it's become something of a political football as well, as I said just for days before that Democratic Party primary election to choose a successor in an overwhelming a democratic state to Barbara Mikulski." :party29:
    OMG, R&R, you did it again! If Mike & Mike caught this news segment, they were probably chuckling. Too awesome.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The other huge bonus we forgot to mention is that the "Donna Edwards supporter" totally pushed Vinny and his new Girl President Jen Paulyshore (whatever her name) OFF the TV coverage. Not one frame of her 10 minutes of yappin'.

This was her Big Debut and it was ...OMG...stolen from her by some MDS punk! (Call the waaaaambulance). No shots of Vinny either.

And as far as we know all other media dropped this useless presser. So the only major media that ran it--framed it as a Van Hollen campaign stunt that excluded Edwards.

Yes, The Trifecta.

And thank you EL1227 for another excellent video remix!

Jaybeez

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Patriot Picket
    May 30, 2006
    Darlington MD
    The other huge bonus we forgot to mention is that the "Donna Edwards supporter" totally pushed Vinny and his new Girl President Jen Paulyshore (whatever her name) OFF the TV coverage. Not one frame of her 10 minutes of yappin'.

This was her Big Debut and it was ...OMG...stolen from her by some MDS punk! (Call the waaaaambulance). No shots of Vinny either.

And as far as we know all other media dropped this useless presser. So the only major media that ran it--framed it as a Van Hollen campaign stunt that excluded Edwards.

Yes, The Trifecta.

And thank you EL1227 for another excellent video remix!

Have i ever told you that i love you?

MDNavyVet

Mar 25, 2013
    PG County
    WTOP reported this media stunt but no mention of the single Edwards supporter in the back of the room. Barely anything regarding the timing of the political stunt in support of Van Hollen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom