• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    The Left has screamed that voter I.D.'s are an unconstitutional burden, even if FREE -- because it's too much burden for those with disabilities, transportation problems, etc. to go out and get one.

We should insist on the exact same treatment and standards -- that EVERY cost and burden associated with regulation of firearms, including the HQL, transfer fees, NIC checks, and anything else they come up with, be borne by taxpayers at no cost to those exercising their rights. To require anything less, and to accept anything less would even seem hypocritical.

Then let's see how much regulation the public wants and is willing to pay for.

The entire concept of letting them shift the cost and burden to us should never have been permitted from the very beginning.

It shouldn't be a question of "how much"?

dogbone

Ultimate Member
    Nov 14, 2011
    GTT - Gone To Texas

While I agree with you 100%, unfortunately we are in a position where getting our rights back through the courts does come down to "how much." It's going to take about $100 kilo bucks just to get rolling with the court case against the HQL.

Donate here.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    DSP asserts that the Firearms Section has a current shortfall of two troopers and 31 office services clerks.

Impossible. (period). An office that is short THIRTY ONE clerks just simply doesn't run (at all). This is ridiculous for them to even suggest.

So an office of 1000 people cannot run with 31 vacancies? :D

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    $60 fingerprint, $50 HQL, $50+ training, $10 to get another background check once you go to pick up a handgun. All in all, they basically just added a close to $200 charge to purchase a firearm. If they made you pay $200 to vote or an extra $200 to get an abortion people would completely lose their minds.

I see no way that this will hold up in court. This is obviously turning a right into a privilege that only the wealthy can enjoy.

FTFY.

And only the $50 HQL is a fee.

Fingerprinting prices. Training has been offered for free by some at times.

Klunatic

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2011
    Montgomery Cty
    Interestingly, the HQL is free if you have a CCW permit. If it cost $20 to just make the card how come its free to CCW permit holders?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Interestingly, the HQL is free if you have a CCW permit. If it cost $20 to just make the card how come its free to CCW permit holders?

The fee was arbitrary to begin with.

That said...
    CCW fee $75
    HQL fee $50

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    The Left has screamed that voter I.D.'s are an unconstitutional burden, even if FREE -- because it's too much burden for those with disabilities, transportation problems, etc. to go out and get one.

We should insist on the exact same treatment and standards -- that EVERY cost and burden associated with regulation of firearms, including the HQL, transfer fees, NIC checks, and anything else they come up with, be borne by taxpayers at no cost to those exercising their rights. To require anything less, and to accept anything less would even seem hypocritical.

Then let's see how much regulation the public wants and is willing to pay for.

The entire concept of letting them shift the cost and burden to us should never have been permitted from the very beginning.

NONE OF THEM SEEM TO HAVE ANY DIFFICULTY GETTING A MARYLAND WELFARE I.D. CARD. :mad54: :mad54: :mad54:

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The SCOTUS has ruled previously that you cannot make laws that converts a right into a privilege and charge a fee.

Lest we forget, the constitution grants nothing. It's a document that sets the conditions by which we the people grant our consent to be governed....which is why elected officials must swear under oath to abide by these restrictions...

Additionally, most citizens forget that we are a Constitutional Republic, in that the rights of the individual are protected and predate the Constitution. The majority pretend we are a Democracy, where an individual is forced to comply with the will of the majority and that is what most politicians want and hope they believe so they just roll over and take it and accept it. Don't get me wrong, they'll piss and moan over bad government, then go back to watching Honey BooBoo and the Kardashians and not even bother to vote or participate in politics that shape our nation.

Nailed it! :thumbsup:

lionfour

Aug 5, 2007
    Brooklyn, Maryland
    I am signed up for a class in Feb. the cost is $179, fifty of that goes to
    a finger printing charge. I asked "I was recently fingerprinted when I applied
    for a Taxi Cab Hack license, can this count?".....NO you have to have it done
    again, silly silly me to have even ASSSST!

fishertodd

ΜΟΛΏΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    May 12, 2013
    Neither the NRA or SAF are interested in taking up a case against the HQL.

I have almost completed my installments towards an NRA Life Membership. Having recently learned of Gun Owners of America (GOA), an uncompromising gun rights organization, I wonder why so many people (including myself), continue to support a compromised organization like the NRA. They do not seem to be doing us many favors.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    I have almost completed my installments towards an NRA Life Membership. Having recently learned of Gun Owners of America (GOA), an uncompromising gun rights organization, I wonder why so many people (including myself), continue to support a compromised organization like the NRA. They do not seem to be doing us many favors.

A battle is one thing to deal with... But a war is fought on many fronts. We are at war.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    "Illegal Tax" is quite a paradox..

The jist of the suit was about the fact that it didn't cost them anywhere NEAR what they were collecting as a "fee" for the inspections. This is where a "fee" just simply became any other ordinary tax.

That, and there was no alternative, you either waited your turn and paid their (monopoly) fee, or you were in violation. His attorneys argued that a sub contractor (in this case, home inspector / other private inspection company) should be able to complete the task (and they could,.... much cheaper).

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    How much did those electronic voting machines cost? Or the older computer scanners that read the "complete the arrow" ballots? I don't recall having to pay a cent to exercise that right. This one should be no different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Comotion357

Latest threads

Top Bottom