• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 285ferrari

Dec 7, 2012
    Waldorf
    I will be submitting a few guns info to the board for approval soon. If anyone has a gun they would like to add, maybe we can send the paperwork all up at once.

If there is a thread already dedicated for this, Mods please move appropriately.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Which guns? I'd like to submit to the board, but it's stuff I would be buying (and thus my FFL would need to submit).

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Why would your ffl need to submit paperwork? Anyone can submit the paperwork for a handguns approval.
    My understanding is that they need to have the handgun in hand to evaluate, except for caliber additions. Just sending them some paperwork isn't enough - or wasn't in the past. Let us know if that's changed, though.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I submitted a 3rd gen S & W 10mm to the Board for approval. My FFL sent it for approval.

Draw your own conclusions I guess.

fishertodd

ΜΟΛΏΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    May 12, 2013
    Could you please add the Czechpoint 840, 841, and 3830 revolvers to your list? Thanks.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Not true, unless something has changed recently. Info below straight from MSP
    That's COMAR (ie, the official regulations). It doesn't actually tell you the SOP of the roster board.

I just sent an email to Marlene asking her about this, so I guess we'll see.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I asked my FFL to submit a pistol for me. He sent the pistol to the board. I don't know if it was requested or whether he just did it. Guess we'll see when Erwos gets a reply.

285ferrari

Dec 7, 2012
    Waldorf
    Just talked to MSP directly and the board does like to see the gun in person, but nothing requires it. So maybe sending in the actual gun will help in the decision making process. She also told me an average of 97% of guns submitted are approved. The next update online is May 18th for guns approved at the last meeting. All guns that you wish to be approved, paperwork should be in before June 4th, next meeting is mid June. As of today, they only have paperwork for two guns submitted for next meeting. The Glock 42, which was not approved at the last meeting is one of them. It is up for approval again in June.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    So I wonder what percentage of guns not physically submitted are approved?
    If you just submit paperwork and it's not approved, you've got another months long wait to resubmit it?

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Here is the guidance VERBATIM:

For new firearms - generally a sample should be submitted for testing/review.

If a firearm is already on the this list and there is a slight modification involving a model # addition and/or caliber addition - then a sample is not needed.

It would not shock me if the vast majority of the guns added to the roster fell in category #2.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Does anyone have an idea what it is they are looking for ?

It seems that most of the handguns from the major manufacturers get approved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom